Cuisine at home Forums
Time limits?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Time limits?? (/showthread.php?tid=23107)

Time limits?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-10-2006

Anyone have any idea if there is a time limit on the amount of time one takes to type out a post??? I just spent about 1/2 hour reviewing an artichoke recipe---with all of the instructions and pffft---GONE!!! "TIME INVALID"

I am sooooo ANGRY---I could %@#*!&%%--- the post is not even saved---I have several recipes I have cooked recently and wanted to begin my reviews---I think I will give up for today---maybe tomorrow will be better.

Problem is, I'm typist-challenged--one of those two fingers creatures---ACHHHHHHHCHHHHCHHHCHHHCHHHC!!!!!!!

Re: Time limits?? - esgunn - 10-10-2006

I have no idea. I know I have thought I was posting something - went to the review post page and forgot to actually post it!

I would suggest typing it in another format - a word processor, your email program, and then cut and paste it when complete. That way you shouldn't loose it! Sorry for all the frustration!

Re: Time limits?? - bjcotton - 10-10-2006

I agree with Erin, Roxanne. If I have something important that is going to take some time, I do it in Word and then cut and paste.

Re: Time limits?? - pjcooks - 10-10-2006

Roxanne,

The same thing just happened to me. I was reviewing the last dinner party, and whoosh! it was gone. Will try again, though.

PJ

Re: Time limits?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-10-2006

Thanks guys----live and learn--what a frustrating way to learn though---word it is from now on--I'm STILL angry!!!!!

Erin--I have posted and then forgot to hit the continue button---those were mini frustrations but stupid errors on my part---THIS was, well--I'll let it rest. GOOD NIGHT, ALL!!!

Re: Time limits?? - TwilightKitten - 10-10-2006

I always forget to type it into Word first. I just type my post and copy it before I submit it. That way if it loses my post, I can just paste it and re-submit.

Re: Time limits?? - cjs - 10-11-2006

"I just type my post and copy it before I submit it."

me too! Especially if it's longer than, say 5 lines - I copy it...when I remember...

Re: Time limits?? - Half_Baked - 10-11-2006

It just happened to me on the 'Experieced entertainer' thread!

"CRAPPOLA !!! It just happened to me. A long post that was no longer valid !!! I'll write it again in a bit. I'm too frustrated now."