Cuisine at home Forums
Hummus - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Hummus (/showthread.php?tid=23417)

Hummus - Bizymomma - 10-15-2006

I've never had hummus. I've always been curious about it. I can buy it already made at the store, but have a feeling it wouldn't be that good. Is this ganoush like it?
What does it taste like?

Re: Hummus - cjs - 10-15-2006

Wow, that's a hard one! Think garbanzos with seasonings - I've always thot it was kind of an earthy taste. I especially like it with the addition of Tahini (sesame-seed paste) - which then makes it hummus bi tahina.

In a pinch, I've purchased ready made, can't think of the brand at the moment, but it's pretty good.

Re: Hummus - Half_Baked - 10-15-2006

The garbanzos make a great vehicle for the garlic, lemon, evoo and tahini....man I love hummus.

Re: Hummus - piano226 - 10-15-2006

Hummus is one of my favorite things to eat. I buy it at our local persian store. If you have one ask which name brand is the best. They will have a whole variety of them.

Re: Hummus - Roxanne 21 - 10-15-2006

I have a GREAT hummus recipe you will enjoy---it's basically a bean dean with lemon juice, garlic, tahini paste. I'll post tomorrow.

Ganoush is an eggplant dip.

Re: Hummus - bjcotton - 10-15-2006

Since I'm not fond of garbonzo beans I've not tried hummus. It "sounds" disgusting. My neice keeps trying to get me to sample it. I told her if she brought some that was from anything BUT garbonzos I would. Heck, I'll just try it anyway, afterall I tried foie gras last year at Christmas with Jean...or was that the year before? Gettin' old sucks!

Re: Hummus - piano226 - 10-15-2006

Oh forgot to mention that my favorite brand is called Sabra. I love their stuff

Re: Hummus - Bizymomma - 10-15-2006

And you dip what in yours?

Re: Hummus - Roxanne 21 - 10-15-2006

Pita bread!!!!

Re: Hummus - Bizymomma - 10-15-2006

toasted or plain?? I hate being so NI-EVE...LOL (bad spelling, I know)