Cuisine at home Forums
Chat Room - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Chat Room (/showthread.php?tid=23685)

Chat Room - DFen911 - 10-19-2006

Many of us have talked about how nice it would be to have a chat room.

Well I've taken the liberty of creating one, but you will need to download a program called Paltalk (www.paltalk.com). It is used like most Instant Messengers. When you have it loaded up you can click on the Chat Rooms and do a search for the room "Loves to Cook". It's only open while I'm online and right now with school that Mon-Fri 9am - 3pm PDT.

I'm looking into other avenues for other rooms and will keep you posted

Re: Chat Room - Bizymomma - 10-19-2006

Just to let you guys know...I joined. It's great to be able to chit-chat. Me and Denise were able to visit for a few minutes!
Would love to see each and everyone of you join too!
Sometimes I need a quick answer for a question. This is the perfect way to achieve this!

Re: Chat Room - cjs - 10-19-2006

Oh crap, Denise, you're like an acquaintance of mine who can start websites, chat rooms, etc. Well, I'll give it a try and see what happens - does this mean I can't chat with, say Lorraine, unless you're on also???

Are you up/on at 4:30 a.m. PST???? (oh, you're PST) I don't think anyone is...

Re: Chat Room - esgunn - 10-19-2006

Will the new members plus - IF THEY EVER GET IT UP AND RUNNING - have a chat room? If they do, that might be a possibility for the future - when ever that is.

Jean...Denise is thinking about leaving the chat room open all night so that we don't have to "chat" around her schedule.

ES...nope. The new website will not offer a chat service. I asked them about this. I think it would be fantastic, but apparantly, it's too much trouble.

And...for those of you who are thinking about coming to chat.. Denise is DFen911 and I am Bizymomma aka Angela.

Re: Chat Room - farnfam - 10-19-2006

I'm trying to join too. How fun!!! Sure hope this works with my Juraasic Computer lol

Re: Chat Room - Half_Baked - 10-20-2006

I'm going to have to pass for awhile. When this computer gets completely well, I'll join.

Mr HB deleted some things that I had allowed on my firewall and although the computer is working fine right now, I'm anxious to see what sites I won't be able to get on, if any.

That's why I was concerned when I couldn't get on one of my food sites.

Re: Chat Room - DFen911 - 10-20-2006

Ok the chat room worked pretty yesterday..well until my office lost power. So sorry about that. I plan to leave it open even if I'm not around. The only downside is I can't kick anyone out of the room if they get squirrely. So if anyone does someone let me know their name and I'll log in when I get back and ban them. Also use the ignore feature so you don't have to listen to them while Im not there.

So come on over