Cuisine at home Forums
Salsa? Salad? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Salsa? Salad? (/showthread.php?tid=23696)

Salsa? Salad? - bjcotton - 10-19-2006

Anyone want to come over and pick Roma tomatoes or Sun Gold cherry tomatoes? I got lots! Those darned things are still blooming, developing and ripening. I'm tired of 'em!

Re: Salsa? Salad? - esgunn - 10-19-2006

You should see how many I have sitting on my front porch! Our problem is as soon as they even start turing orange I have to pick them because it is getting so cold and all this rain will split them!

Re: Salsa? Salad? - dollop - 10-19-2006

I sure wish I could help you out with those! We didn't plant as many tomatoes this year.

Re: Salsa? Salad? - vannin - 10-19-2006

ROTFL. By next summer you will be gasping for tomatoes. Seasons work really well on us, don't they.

Re: Salsa? Salad? - dollop - 10-20-2006

Yes, you are so right! We had a strange spring and much of our garden was very late to mature. But I have wonderful lettuce, kale, and peas right now. A few of my herbs are still hanging on...I hate when the garden season ends.

Re: Salsa? Salad? - Lorraine - 10-20-2006

Lucky you!!! Split the cherry tomatoes in half, and dry them in a slow oven. Yum!!!!

Re: Salsa? Salad? - Half_Baked - 10-20-2006

Sure wish I knew which storage box held my dehydrator. That's such a great idea.

I think they'd be better in the oven. Drizzle with a bit of OO, and I think I added just a bit of sea salt. I kept them in a jar in the fridge most months.

Re: Salsa? Salad? - bjcotton - 10-20-2006

I tried that once, but I think I had the temp much too high. Maybe I'll try again.

Low and slow. My oven is really hot, so I think I did them at 200 or so. It'll take a few hours. They were sooo good. One batch I added a bit of chopped oregano to. When I took them out of the oven, I added some grated Romano cheese. I was trying to replicate the ones my sister brings back from Sicily. Wasn't quite the same, but good anyway!