Cuisine at home Forums
Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. (/showthread.php?tid=25516)

Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - cjs - 11-22-2006

38 years ago, on the 5th anniversary of JFK's assasination, Roy and I left work for Reno, got married and I spent the rest of the night puking.

He had four kids, I had four kids, we'd been dating two months, only knew him three months...I was sure I had just screwed up - again. Not only me, both sides of the family thot we were out of our minds...

I could not have chosen more wisely if I'd known what I was doing - he's always been there for me, always ready to go along with any hairbrained idea I come up with. He's so intelligent he leaves me behind most of the time mentally, but I can cook better than him!

And you know the best part??? After all these years, he can still be jealous...not the over-the-top-dangerous kind of jealousy, but the kind where he thinks someone will still lust after this darn, over-the-hill body....gotta love him.

And, can anyone believe John F. Kennedy has been gone 43 years??? No way!

Congrats to you - lxxf - 11-22-2006

you've got me by five years but I feel much the same as you do. It's gone by in the blink of an eye and as I feel mortality approaching, I'm thinking I haven't spent nearly enough time with this man.

Many happy returns.

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - Old Bay - 11-22-2006

Congratulations!! From what I've seen your husband married well too!!

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - Mare749 - 11-22-2006

Congratulations Jean! Hope you have many more wonderful years together. I know exactly how you feel, we're coming up on 33. We were kids (only 19) and a few people thought we wouldn't last. But we have and I feel blessed every day! Have a wonderful anniversary!

Maryann

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - bjcotton - 11-22-2006

Happy anniversary Jean. I can't imagine you two without the other standing next to them or working together. Many happy returns Sweetie.

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - dollop - 11-22-2006

Congratulations!! I hope Y'all have many more beautiful celebrations and romantic dinners. Ain't love grand??

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - Roxanne 21 - 11-22-2006

I'm repeating my CONGRATULATIONS from another thread, Jean and Roy!!! #38----(not #39)---how very special!! MANY, MANY more happy ones are wished for you!!! We are very lucky , aren't we???

JFK---I was in the 9th grade in history class--the only time I saw my grandmother with tears!!

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - DFen911 - 11-22-2006

Wow Jean major congrats. Sounds like you have had some wonderful years and still have a lot to go I am also so tickled when I see folks who have been married for such a long time. Gives me hope

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - madmax - 11-22-2006

Hello People, lookie-loo here and had to respond, mom & dad just wanted to send my Happy Happy Anniversary to you, to think its been 38 years since you and dad "ran-away" and got married then jumped on a motorcycle and started your journey and look how many years later your still on journey all over the place, maybe a few more wheels on your vehicle but never the less still a great inspiration on how to live the good life!!!!!!! I thank you

Re: Happy Anniversary to me, Happy Anniversary to me.. - cjs - 11-22-2006

I love you, Tracie Lee!