Cuisine at home Forums
Isn't that just........ - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Isn't that just........ (/showthread.php?tid=25594)

Isn't that just........ - bjcotton - 11-23-2006

My oven struck again today. I set the temp to 350°F. Waited 30 minutes to let it set and then put the turkey in. Should have been 5 - 5 1/2 hours to cook. Two hours later I opened the door to check on it and the temp reads 400°F. The temp of the thigh is 172F and the breast is 180°. The stuffing inside the turkey is 170°F. Guess I'll let it sit a while and then open it up to make sure it's done.

Re: Isn't that just........ - vannin - 11-23-2006

Billy, I have a polite little electric four element stove, which behaves well. I also have a stonking great 6 burner with one double doored oven. I do not even know how to turn the darn thing on. And, what is worse is, I don't want to find out. Shanes job is to turn it on. I am in happy receipt of a jolly good hot press of considerable dimension, left over from the old Hospital Board days. An oldy, but a goody.

Re: Isn't that just........ - bjcotton - 11-23-2006

It wasn't, so I pulled it all apart, put it back in the pan with all the juice and cooked it another half hour. That fixed it!

Re: Isn't that just........ - pjcooks - 11-23-2006

I'm glad it worked out for you at last, a royal pain, isn't it?

Hope the rest of the day was good for you, I'm sure we'll all share when we've (insert appropriate response):

rested up
cleaned up
sobered up
given up

Happy day to you, Billy.

PJ

Re: Isn't that just........ - vannin - 11-23-2006

hahahahahahahahahahaha, PJ is a funny puppy.