Cuisine at home Forums
Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes (/showthread.php?tid=26238)

Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - Mare749 - 12-08-2006

from Weeknight Menus. Made this tonight. Very tasty! Will definately make this again. The only alteration I made was to add a spoonful of butter to the sweet potatoes right before serving, just our preference.

Maryann

Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - Lorraine - 12-08-2006

Thanks for posting. I'll have to bring the mag with me!!!

Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - cjs - 12-08-2006

LORRAINE - THEY WILL NOT ALLOW YOU ON THE PLANE!!!

I made that last summer Maryann, hmmmm...didn't dislike, but didn't give it a 10 either. Loved the potatoes, tho.

Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - dollop - 12-09-2006

Would you mind sharing the sweet potato recipe, please?

TIA -
dollop

Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - cjs - 12-09-2006

Here you go -

Bacon-cider Pork
(Weeknight Menus, p. 30-31)

Makes: 8 Steaks Total Time: 1 Hour including Sweet Potatoes Rating: Easy

Trim, Cut, and Season:
1 pork tenderloin (11⁄2–2 lb.)

Wrap; Saute in 1 T. Olive Oil:
8 strips thin-sliced bacon

Saute; Deglaze; Season:
1/4 cup shallots, minced
1/2 cup apple cider or juice
2 T. unsalted cold butter, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste

Related Recipes:

Marmalade Sweet Potatoes

Trim tenderloin of fat and silverskin and cut into steaks (about 11⁄2" thick). Season with salt and pepper.

Wrap each steak with a strip of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Heat oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high and saute pork 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Tip the steaks on their edges to brown the bacon, rolling them as they brown, about 3 minutes total. Cover and finish cooking to an internal temperature of 145°, about 5 minutes. Remove pork and keep warm; pour off all but 1 T. drippings.

Saute shallots for 2 minutes in the same pan, stirring constantly. Deglaze with cider, scraping up the brown bits and simmer 2 minutes. Then add butter, swirling until melted. Return pork to pan along with any accumulated juices and season sauce with salt and pepper. Shown with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes.

Nutrition Information (Per 2 steaks):
555 calories 63% calories from fat 39g total fat 9g carb. 464mg sodium 0g fiber 41g protein

Marmalade Sweet Potatoes
(Weeknight Menus, p. 31)

Makes: 11/2 lb. Total Time: 45 Minutes Rating: Easy

Cut; Toss with:
3 sweet potatoes (11/2 lb.)
1/2 cup orange marmalade, melted
Salt to taste

Related Recipes:

Bacon-cider Pork

Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap the inside of a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.

Cut each potato into 8 wedges, toss with marmalade and season with salt. Arrange on prepared pan in a single layer, then roast for 35 minutes, or until fork tender, turning once. Shown with Bacon-cider Pork.

Nutrition Information (Per 6 oz.):
228 calories 0% calories from fat 0g total fat 56g carb. 45mg sodium 5g fiber 3g protein

Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - Roxanne 21 - 12-09-2006

OOOO---so you found Weeknight Menus!!! That was the first recipe I tried from this magazine and we liked it but didn't give it a 10 either---you're gonna love that little magazine--some delights in there.

I agree, I added butter to the potatoes too--just needed a little extra richness to offset the sweet-- LOVE BUTTER!!!

Re: Bacon-cider Pork with Marmalade Sweet Potatoes - dollop - 12-10-2006

Thank you so much! Y'all are so good to take the time to share these recipes...it doesn't go unappreciated.