Cuisine at home Forums
Which issue has the..... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Which issue has the..... (/showthread.php?tid=26420)

Which issue has the..... - farnfam - 12-13-2006

recipe for a chicken sausage casserole? I think it used the sausages with bits of apple and maybe cheddar? It could have been I saw it in Weeknight Menus. I bought the sausages and now I can't remember where the recipe is. darn that CRS!
Thanks in advance for your help my friends,
Cis

Re: Which issue has the..... - DFen911 - 12-13-2006

October 2005, Issue 53, Page 13

Saute in 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil:
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with salt and pepper
4 oz. chicken-apple sausage or kielbasa, cut into 4 pieces

Add and Saute:
1/3 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup carrot, diced
1/4 cup celery, diced
2 t. tomato paste
1 bay leaf
Pinch red pepper flakes

Drain and Puree:
1 can white beans, divided (15.5 oz.)
2 cloves garlic

Add; Deglaze with:
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chicken broth

Stir in and Simmer:
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (14.5 oz.)
1 t. minced fresh rosemary
1 t. white wine vinegar
Reserved white beans
Salt and pepper to taste

Top with:
2 oz. goat cheese, crumbled

Process; Top Casserole with:
2 slices white bread, buttered

Preheat oven to 375°.

Saute chicken and sausage in oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat until brown; remove from pan and set aside. Pour off all but 2 teaspoons drippings.

Add onion, carrot, celery, tomato paste, and seasonings; saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring often.

Drain and rinse beans; measure out 1 cup and set aside. Puree remaining beans (about 2/3 cup) and garlic in a food processor.

Add wine and broth; process until smooth. Deglaze vegetables with bean mixture; simmer 3 minutes.

Stir in tomatoes, rosemary, vinegar, reserved beans, salt, and pepper; simmer 3 minutes. Divide bean mixture between two casserole dishes. Arrange chicken and sausage on top.

Top casseroles with goat cheese.

Process bread in a food processor to make coarse crumbs, sprinkle over casseroles, and place dishes on a baking sheet. Bake until topping is brown and filling is bubbly, 30–40 minutes.

Re: Which issue has the..... - farnfam - 12-13-2006

Thanks Denise, just in time!! You're a PEACH
Thank you ever so
Cis

Re: Which issue has the..... - DFen911 - 12-13-2006

You are so welcome

And I get something out of it too cause this looks yummy!!

Re: Which issue has the..... - farnfam - 12-14-2006

Cooked this last nite as planned, thanks to Denise! And it was very yummy indeed. Of course, I made a small substitution, I replaced the carrots and celery with frenched green beans. Those chicken sausage with apple were wonderful, will buy those again. In fact we'll definitly make this casserole again. 8YUMs for flavor and ease of prep.
Cis

Re: Which issue has the..... - Lorraine - 12-14-2006

"4 oz. chicken-apple sausage or kielbasa"

I've been trying to perfect a lamb/curry/apple sausage without success. Maybe I'll try making chicken/apple instead. Thx for the recipe!