Cuisine at home Forums
Homemade Cranberry Sauce - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Homemade Cranberry Sauce (/showthread.php?tid=26477)

Homemade Cranberry Sauce - wheatleyp1 - 12-15-2006

Does anyone have a good recipe for homemade cranberry sauce. I tried a cranberry relish for Thanksgiving that I got from a Bobby Flay recipe that used whole cranberries, tangerines, tangerine juice, garlic, onions and a little cinnamon. I did not care for it much. Now I just want a basic cranberry sauce recipe.

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - Calliope - 12-15-2006

There's a very basic one on the back of the bags I add some Grand Marnier to mine and a little orange juice and orange zest. I like that flavor, though.

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - Mare749 - 12-15-2006

I always use the recipe on the back of the bag, but my mom used to do a cranberry orange relish that was real tasty too. If you would like the recipe, I'll try to find it for you.

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - DFen911 - 12-16-2006

I use the basic recipe and add either Grand Marnier or Brandy, a bit of orange zest and a couple of cinnamon sticks (be sure to remove them before serving).

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - Lorraine - 12-16-2006

I use the one on the back of the bag and add some orange zest and juice to it.

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - bjcotton - 12-17-2006

And the winner is...on the back of the bag recipe with added bits and pieces

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - Roxanne 21 - 12-17-2006

Nice to see you back, Billy!!!! Missed your humor and wit!!! Is Dale influencing you with the kiwi vocabulary and way of life yet?? IT WILL HAPPEN!!! Be STRONG---be VERY strong!!

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - wheatleyp1 - 12-20-2006

Thanks everyone for the input. As Billy says the winner is the back of the bag.

Re: Homemade Cranberry Sauce - TwilightKitten - 12-21-2006

Has anyone made the jellied kind? I tried it for Thanksgiving but it came out more saucey than jellied. I used agave syrup instead of sugar though...do you think that was a factor?