Cuisine at home Forums
What kind of Roasting Pan? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What kind of Roasting Pan? (/showthread.php?tid=26570)

What kind of Roasting Pan? - farnfam - 12-19-2006

I think I'm going to have to buy a roasting pan for that crown roast pork. I only have one of those broiler type things that come on the bottom of the old time conventional ovens. It has no sides and I'm wondering if that's going to be a problem. What do you think O wise ones??
Cis

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - Lorraine - 12-19-2006

"What do you think O wise ones"

I'm not one of them, if I was I'd have a new roasting pan by now. LOL I've looked at Calphalon, AllClad, Cuisinart and may go with the Paderno.

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - DFen911 - 12-19-2006

Wasn't there a big review in last issue, or maybe the one before, on roasting pans?

I know they did recommend the one where the handles are always in the upright position because it makes it so much easier to pull the pan out right away when you need to instead of fighting with the handles.

As for even cooking and heat distribution I don't remember. Haha I only remembered the convenient thing

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - Old Bay - 12-19-2006

We bought an AllClad Lasagna pan a few years ago for about $100. It doubles as a medium size roasting pan and is much cheaper than the standard All Clad. We love it--take a look at it.

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - bjcotton - 12-19-2006

I went to one of our local grocery + stores that carries household items. They had a smaller heavy aluminum non-stick and a larger heavy 18/10 steel roasting pan. I, of course, got both of them. They aren't Allclad, but both work well. I would recommend you get some type of roasting pan for that dish.

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - cjs - 12-19-2006

My two cents says - only if you're looking for an excuse to get a great roasting pan!! An old broiler pan served me well for years of roasting, but a new one is probably REALLY called for here.....

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - farnfam - 12-20-2006

Thanks, I wound up borrowing one. Do you think the old broiler pan would work better tho, like by allowing the heat to circulate around the roast more freely? I was worried that without sides the thing might lose it's shape or slide off.
Oh and I found some easy to follow directions for making the "cutlet frills".
Cis

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - pjcooks - 12-20-2006

20 yrs ago, I bought a heavy stainless steel roasting/ lasagna pan from the now defunct KitchenEtc,. 20 yrs later, it looks brand new. Always performs perfectly, I've used it to death and you'd never know it. The price back then was about $60.

Re: What kind of Roasting Pan? - cjs - 12-20-2006

" I found some easy to follow directions for making the "cutlet frills"." - oh thank God - I sure couldn't think of the proper name for those little goodies.

One thing about holding the shape of the roast, you can fill the center with crushed foil and that will keep the shape. And really any roaster pan that is fairly shallow will work.

I sure hope you're going to take pictures!!!