Cuisine at home Forums
What is your favorite mixing bowl? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What is your favorite mixing bowl? (/showthread.php?tid=27004)

What is your favorite mixing bowl? - Mare749 - 12-31-2006

I have an oddball assortment of hand-me-downs and they are okay, but I was thinking of getting a nice new set that would work well with my new food scale. Suggestions please? Thanks!

Maryann

Re: What is your favorite mixing bowl? - Roxanne 21 - 12-31-2006

I have a set of those pyrex bowls that have gone through the wars for years and years---first ones I go for. I have often thought about upgrading to the stanless steel ones but not ready for the change yet---I hate change!!!

I would be interested to know what opinions are about the ss set.

Re: What is your favorite mixing bowl? - cjs - 12-31-2006

I have 2 or 3 of just about every size of SST bowls that I use constantly, they're light weight, great for scaling, easy to clean, love 'em.

This won't help much - lxxf - 12-31-2006

but it's the first thing that came to mind. I have a set of pyrex and a stainless steel set and my favorite bowl is the one that's chipped, natch.

Re: This won't help much - Mare749 - 12-31-2006

Thanks everyone. Sure wish I knew what happened to my SS bowls. Used to have a set of 3, now all that's left is the little one. Time to organize!

Re: This won't help much - Half_Baked - 12-31-2006

So many of my things have been lost in moves that I can't even begin to name them - except for my SS mixing bowl set.

I went out, bought some pyrex and just never replaced the ss. I'm happy with them but my stainless steel was much larger.

Re: This won't help much - bjcotton - 12-31-2006

My favorite bowl is the 26 cup Tupperware bowl. My tupperware is getting old and I'll need to start thinking about new ones soon. Have always used Tupperware. Have a Pyrex bowl for using with the mixer.

Re: This won't help much - Mare749 - 12-31-2006

Billy, I had one of those! And it disappeared too, along with two of my SS bowls.

Maryann

Re: This won't help much - bjcotton - 01-01-2007

I know where my big Tupperware bowls go Maryann. All I have to do is go visit my nieces and look in their cupboards.

Re: This won't help much - Mare749 - 01-01-2007

Oh, I know exactly what you're talking about Billy. Every time I babysit at one of my daughter's homes, I find some lost treasure!