Cuisine at home Forums
Half-Baked Jan - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Half-Baked Jan (/showthread.php?tid=27158)

Half-Baked Jan - bjcotton - 01-05-2007

Has anyone heard from Ms. Half-Baked Jan? I tried to call her this morning to find out if she needed me to fly out and take care of her, but no answer. Maybe this evening Mr. HB will be home. I'll try to call her again.

Re: Half-Baked Jan - Roxanne 21 - 01-05-2007

Billy---I think she may be at the hospital for whatever procedure she is undergoing?? Stand under correction though---wishing her all the best----ANY procedure is scary!!!

Please let us know if you should hear anything---

Re: Half-Baked Jan - cjs - 01-05-2007

Billy and everyone - she underwent 7 hours of surgery, but she's home now and doing very well!! She'll be back on in no time.

Re: Half-Baked Jan - Mare749 - 01-05-2007

Wow, seven hours is no small surgery! Hope it was successful and that her recovery is quick. Please tell her we all miss her and look forward to hearing from her real soon.

Re: Half-Baked Jan - bjcotton - 01-05-2007

I talked with Jan a little while ago and she is doing fine. I told her I would call her in a couple of days to check up on her, but in the meantime we all wished her well and were praying for her.

Re: Half-Baked Jan - Roxanne 21 - 01-06-2007

SEVEN HOURS???? Holy moly---SPEEDY RECOVERY, JAN!!!

Jean---did you really mean that she is HOME? That's incredible---

Re: Half-Baked Jan - Half_Baked - 01-06-2007

Hello everyone. Yes, it was a surprise to wake up and find out I had a 7 hr operation. I feel every single solitary stitch since they rearranged my insides and removed all the past scarring and adhesions. I stay in bed most of the time. I do get up and walk every hour to make sure I don't get blood clots.

I fought to come home the next day, not remembering that I wouldn't have a morphine IV with me...ouch.

Feeling stronger every day but I am not allowed to bend, reach, twist or lift any thing for 6 weeks. Then I have to take care until about April. Can't drive for 2 months.

Thank you for all your prayes, calls and emails!

xoxo Jan

Re: Half-Baked Jan - cjs - 01-06-2007

Jan, it's so good to see you!!!!

a little aside to Mr. HalfBaked -
Harold, grab Jan's copy of Share a Recipe and check out the recipes on page 62 (if your copy isn't numbered , it's alphabetical - somwhat) for Roast Sausage with Onions, Pepper & Potatoes. And on pg. 18 (same caveat) Chicken & Leek Casserole. Both of these are wonderful and if you're a non-cook, you still will not have any troubles with these two! Give Jan a kiss and hug for us, please.

Re: Half-Baked Jan - bjcotton - 01-06-2007

Oh Jan, Sweetie, how good to hear from you. Don't over do now, eat lots of chicken soup, matzo balls and anything else that will speed your recovery.

Just to cheer you up, I'll go get somebody's dog or cat and have them neutered/spayed just for you...there's a breeding farm not far from here, I'm sure they have an animal that needs spaying/neutering.

Re: Half-Baked Jan - esgunn - 01-06-2007

Jan - glad to know surgery went well and you are on the mend! Take care of yourself. Prayers are heading your way.