Cuisine at home Forums
What Are These Cheeses? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What Are These Cheeses? (/showthread.php?tid=27698)

What Are These Cheeses? - bjcotton - 01-18-2007

I bought these 2 cheeses to try them not knowing what they are:

Boschetto AL Tartufo - is the Tartufo truffles?

Sheep Queso Romero [I know that's sheep cheese, but the Romero?]

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - Lorraine - 01-19-2007

The Boschetto Al Tartufo is a cow and sheeps milk cheese with truffles. You are in for a treat. I bought it in Montreal last year, and it is delicious!!!! Can't help with the Romero though.

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - Half_Baked - 01-19-2007

Mmmmmm, that sounds so good. I'm starving this morning and the food pics nearly did me in, Lorraine. I feel like I could drive to that market backwards in a rainstorm.

(I've gained 5# just laying around recuperating)

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - bjcotton - 01-19-2007

You're right Lorraine, that truffle cheese was tasty. I also bought a Gouda with Basil and Garlic...they're both gone! I think someone stole 'em!

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - Roxanne 21 - 01-19-2007

GOUDA with BASIL AND GARLIC????? OHHH---to die for!!!!

some pretty intresting cheeses there, Billy---you lucky duck!!!

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - Lorraine - 01-19-2007

Billy, it sounds like they carry lots of cheeses. Next time, see if they have Rocchetta!!

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - esgunn - 01-19-2007

The only thing I could find on it was for Spanish cheese...

Is this what is was? Romao Queso al Romero
This artisanal sheep's milk cheese from Cuenca is hand-rubbed with oil and fresh rosemary and aged in caves for eight months.

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - cjs - 01-19-2007

They both sound very tasty - I wish I was home (no, I really don't...) to look at my cheese tasting sheet to see if we've tried either.

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - bjcotton - 01-19-2007

That's it Erin! It had an outside coating of rosemary. It is a very mild cheese, we grated some of it and used it on our salads tonight.

There are so many cheeses there I've never heard of I just don't which to buy, so I pick one or two I've never heard of each time I'm there. Guess I'd better start a "cheese list" like Jean mentioned. Especially since I don't even remember which ones I got last time.

Re: What Are These Cheeses? - esgunn - 01-19-2007

Well Billy - when I did a google search for your cheese Sheeps Queso Romero - your original post "Guess Where I have been..." came up! You can just google it and see what you bought the first time! I am just clueless on cheese too. But I am usually willing to try. I have to admit I tend to shy away from anything that says Sheep or Goat. Although I really like Romano.

Good Luck and Happy Cheese eating!