Cuisine at home Forums
I just watched Emeril on food network - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: I just watched Emeril on food network (/showthread.php?tid=28371)

I just watched Emeril on food network - Half_Baked - 01-29-2007

It was a very old show. There was no BAM!!! nor a Band. He talked to the camera, was calm, showed us how to cook the dish and was very pleasant.

When did he start acting so ridiculous?

Re: I just watched Emeril on food network - Ron - 01-29-2007

I like Essence of Emeril shows, particularly the older ones. I watch Emeril Live only if I have a burning interest in seeing a recipe prepared, rather than just printing it off the website. I don't need a band, "Bam," "Hey Babe" and all the other nonsense, but it must appeal to some people because he's still on.

Re: I just watched Emeril on food network - cjs - 01-29-2007

I'm with you Ron, I love the Essence of Emeril shows - you can really see what a wonderful chef he is - for me, the other is just enterainment. Jan, Essence is a pretty old show, but I think it's still in production, isn't it??

Re: I just watched Emeril on food network - Lorraine - 01-29-2007

"but I think it's still in production, isn't it?? "

I haven't seen a new one ( or actually even an old one) in years. I agree, some of the best stuff he ever did. Just him and the camera.

Based on lighter weight and more hair on those episodes, I don't think that any of them are current.

Re: I just watched Emeril on food network - Lorraine - 01-29-2007

LOL I think you're right, Ron!

We used to have Julia Child and The Frugal Gourmet. Now we have Ham on the Street and The Ace of Cakes.

Re: I just watched Emeril on food network - Half_Baked - 01-29-2007

I loved Jeff Smith (The Frug) and have all his cookbooks. Too bad he had that 'incident', alleged or not, because he was never heard from again.

I just haven't watched Emeril in years. Hated the new show so I never bothered with the old ones.

Re: I just watched Emeril on food network - Mare749 - 01-29-2007

Jan, I liked Jeff Smith also and have a couple of his cookbooks. It really was a shame that he had that alleged incident, because it obviously destroyed his family. I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that he has since died.

In his cooking with wine book, there is a wonderful bean soup recipe that I used to make for my husband all the time. I'll have to look that up.

Maryann