Cuisine at home Forums
Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken (/showthread.php?tid=28442)

Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken - piano226 - 01-30-2007

Hello Everybody,

Apparently I have missed one gadget in my kitchen...STOVETOP SMOKER...so here I go...received it yesterday and made the smoked chicken. Of course i did not read the recipe well ...you suppose to brine it for 4 hours...oh well...that did not happen but the chicken came out very moist and my b/f and I really liked it. I also made wild rice pilaf and that was excellent. I am really looking forward to playing with that smoker more. Today I will attempt Tuna steaks...we shall see how it goes. So far I love that thing...I can see me using it plenty of times.

Marina

Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken - Mare749 - 01-30-2007

Marina, I have been waiting for somebody to review the cooktop smoker. Did you use it inside the house? And did it make your house all smokey?

Maryann

Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken - piano226 - 01-30-2007

HEEEEEEEEE...funnny you asked

So my b/f was totally agains me making it in the house because of that reason...so i turned on our gas grill and started doing it there...there was a little bit of smoke...lots less than normal cooking or frying or whatever...so i brought it into the house and it was just fine.

I will let you know how the tuna will turn out.
so i brought it into the house and it was totally fine.

Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken - vannin - 01-30-2007

The first time I had smoked schnapper was at Waikauri Bay, smoked by Doug. Hot smoked that is. He had caught the fish in the afternoon, and smoked the expertly filleted fish at about 6 pm. I did not know what I was eating, but it was simply splendid. I knew it was schnapper, but did not understand the smoking process. There was nothing else on the plate, except 1/2 a lemon. Not a bone, not smitchon of skin, not a smear, nothing but a little dribble of butter, bliss.

Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken - Lorraine - 01-30-2007

I've been hearing of more and more people smoking in the house ( food that is!!!). My brother does it in a wok, with no smoke in the house. I may hae to try it! Thanks for the reminder.

Re: Stovetop Smoker and maple brined chicken - Half_Baked - 01-31-2007

I've been looking at the Cameron Smoker for years. In fact, I do believe I had it on my wish list at one point.

Glad to know you are very happy with it.