Cuisine at home Forums
Went shopping today...... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Went shopping today...... (/showthread.php?tid=29376)

Went shopping today...... - Mare749 - 02-25-2007

at Sur La Table. Only went for one thing and it's a good thing that I don't have money to burn because this is my favorite toy store. Jean, I saw the AC tagine, it's absolutely gorgeous! Also saw the one by Le Creuset, half the price and quite nice also.

They had a relatively inexpensive clay tagine priced at $20 that the sales person showed me. They tried to tell me that this is what they actually use in Africa or wherever. Don't know how true that is or how well it would hold up, but it's something to consider. They also had some other very interesting clay pieces.

So, I came home with a dual-sided french bread pan, perforated and non-stick. I had 18 hour bread sitting on a bread board and covered for the 2 hour rise. I had divided the dough in half before I left, dusted it with flour and folded it over a few times.

After washing and thoroughly drying the new bread pan, I just rolled each piece of dough off the board and onto each side of the pan and let it sit while I preheated the oven with my stone in it. Then I just set the pan on top of the stone and baked it. So easy and probably the best bread yet.

Maryann

Re: Went shopping today...... - cjs - 02-26-2007

oh, time at Sur La....fun! That bread is just amazing!

Altho, I love my allclad, there are pieces just not meant for spending that kind of money - I've already decided to get a clay one, did you pick one up yet?? Le Creuset has one also, eh? haven't looked at that one yet.

Re: Went shopping today...... - Mare749 - 02-26-2007

No, I didn't buy it yet, Jean. Actually, I was hoping for your input about the clay one since it's so cheap. The LeCreuset piece was $140, still too much for me, and the AC was $280!

They do have a website if you feel like shopping while you are on the road.

Maryann

Re: Went shopping today...... - Half_Baked - 02-26-2007

Quote:

No, I didn't buy it yet, Jean. Actually, I was hoping for your input about the clay one since it's so cheap. The LeCreuset piece was $140, still too much for me, and the AC was $280!

They do have a website if you feel like shopping while you are on the road.

Maryann

Jean, do you feel like shopping while on the road? *ducking and laughing*

Re: Went shopping today...... - cjs - 02-26-2007

can you imagine shopping on line on the road and trying to figure out where you'll be when it comes???? Now, that would be something...

Re: Went shopping today...... - Mare749 - 02-26-2007

Jean, that's what your kids and neighbors are for. Of course, if they like what you ordered, you may never see it again until the next time you cook with them!

Maryann

Re: Went shopping today...... - bjcotton - 02-26-2007

I understand that completely Jean. I found my Cuisinart discs online at Small Appliances...in stock...and ordered them, plus saved $40. They promised them in a week, so where will I be? Marilee's? or home? If they haven't come by Thursday, I'll call them and see if they can be shipped here...maybe I'll change it to here anyway and let the Post Office just hold them.