Cuisine at home Forums
Past Due Reports: - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Past Due Reports: (/showthread.php?tid=29750)

Past Due Reports: - Ron - 03-08-2007

The following have past due reports:

Half_Baked: curling pork chops
esgunn: wild rice
Half_Baked: underdone southern fried chicken
TwilightKitten: Oxo basting brushes

If your reports are not in by the end of school on Monday, your parents will be notified.

Half_Baked, since you have two past due reports, you are on "Double Secret Probation."

Re: Past Due Reports: - Half_Baked - 03-08-2007

roflmao

I have been cutting slits in my chops.

As for fried chicken, I fry it to a beautiful brown and finish it in the oven. I may screw up...but I always try to learn from my mistakes and do better.

Re: Past Due Reports: - Ron - 03-08-2007

Quote:

roflmao

I have been cutting slits in my chops.

As for fried chicken, I fry it to a beautiful brown and finish it in the oven. I may screw up...but I always try to learn from my mistakes and do better.

Okay, you are off "Double Secret Probation." You were really close to getting your playground time limited!

Re: Past Due Reports: - TwilightKitten - 03-08-2007

LOL...Ok, I got my basting brushes (found them in the stores after I paid the $5 shipping...grrr!)...and I LOVE them! They hold the sauces/butter/whatever much better than the older silicone ones...I'm very happy with them.

Re: Past Due Reports: - cjs - 03-09-2007

whooooo, what a strict taskmaster we have around here.... Next, he'll be telling us we can't have recess till the kitchen sparkles.....

Re: Past Due Reports: - Ron - 03-09-2007

"Next, he'll be telling us we can't have recess till the kitchen sparkles....."

That's it - nap time - get your towell.

Quote:

LOL...Ok, I got my basting brushes (found them in the stores after I paid the $5 shipping...grrr!)...and I LOVE them! They hold the sauces/butter/whatever much better than the older silicone ones...I'm very happy with them.

Glad you liked them. I haven't used mine often, but they worked well when I did, and they will definitely get some use basting the St. Patty's brisket.

Re: Past Due Reports: - esgunn - 03-09-2007

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...I bought the wild rice yesterday! I just bought a small bag a Trader Joes. I just wanted a small bag till we decide if we like it. It is straight wild rice...so for other dishes I will mix it myself with brown rice. I am hoping to make one of the dishes this weekend. If I don't get to it - it will have to wait until after vacation.

Erin, I prefer it mixed with either white or brown as a straight rice dish. It is okay by itself in soups, casseroles, stuffings, etc. where it is a minor ingredient. When properly cooked, it is a bit "chewy."

Re: Past Due Reports: - pjcooks - 03-09-2007

Vacation!! (insert whine here) Haven't had one in a long time. Where are you going, and more importantly, of course, what will you eat?

PJ