Cuisine at home Forums
Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=30839)

Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - cjs - 04-08-2007

We had, without a doubt, the nicest dinner, the most wonderful food last night ever!!!! Anyone who would like to, please read the blog - just too darn much to retype. Scottie (Morris) is an old friend that I met on a forum 5 years ago and he just opened his first restaurant in Vancouver, WA three weeks ago!! It'a a fantastic place!

http://cjdacook.blogspot.com/

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - bjcotton - 04-08-2007

Holy Moley Jean! Did they need a trolley to get y'all out?

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - Half_Baked - 04-08-2007

What a spread! Holy cow! How in the world did you get through all the great food...he's gonna be famous!

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - esgunn - 04-08-2007

Wow - what great food and wonderful presentation. I hate to admit it, but I don't think I have ever eaten at a restaurant with that upscale of a menu and presentation. Beautiful. I would probably be so overwhelmed, I'd order the chicken!

I know my kids would love the burgers and the pizza. What a wonderful idea to invite and encourage kids to join in the experience.

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - DFen911 - 04-08-2007

Holy cow Jean what a wonderful spread! You all look like you're having such a fantastic time. My mouth was watering just reading about all the yummies you had.

I love how you take pictures of when you guys go out. I have just got to get me a better camera so I can do that too.

So...when you start trying to replicate the food?

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - pjcooks - 04-08-2007

Thanks for such a great review! I almost felt like I was there. Great pictures, great descriptions, sounds like he's going places.
I'm going to have to find a food buddy to try new restaurants like this. Anyone live in Southern NH, Seacoast region?

PJ

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - Roxanne 21 - 04-08-2007

I don't know how you did it, Jean and company---just looking at the review and images sent me into coma---WOW!!!

Sure wish I could be a little more creative---just 10% would make my day!!!

What a fun time you must have had---have you recovered yet???

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - Mare749 - 04-08-2007

Oh my goodness, Jean, what an amazing feast you had. And it all looked outstanding! No wonder you had such a great time, good food, good friends. I loved your review, made my mouth water. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Maryann

Post deleted by sysadmin - - 04-09-2007

Re: Oh What a Night We Had!!!!! - cjs - 04-09-2007

"So...when you start trying to replicate the food?" as soon as I get home - tomorrow!! I'm starting with the blue cheese creme fraiche - I make my own creme fraiche, so this one will be easy. Then play with adding chocolate and bitter cherries to a braising sauce.....

Steve - the restaurant, Vesta's is located 14387 S. E. Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver and the number is (360)260-4388. Your family will not be disappointed!! Tell Morris Jean sent ya'all!

and then the Sweet potato and pear soup...

I was so excited about the food, service and ambiance, I competely forgot to mention the wines we enjoyed!!! We started out with our choosing of a Washington '04, Novelty Hill Merlot - wonderful!

And Nathan, our cheese guy, chose the 2nd bottle for us - which turned out to be a favorite that we knew and loved! Washington's '03 Maryhill Winery Syrah.

Can't believe I didn't mention the wine before...