Cuisine at home Forums
Amore Pastes - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Amore Pastes (/showthread.php?tid=30854)

Amore Pastes - bjcotton - 04-08-2007

Have any of you used the Amore Pastes? I have used their Tomato Paste, but today I bought their Amore Pesto Paste [basil]. They have some recipes and ideas that sound pretty tasty. I copied the Pesto Shrimp with Orzo which sounds pretty good. Haven't made it, but if anyone wants it I'll post it for them.

Re: Amore Pastes - cjs - 04-09-2007

Not heard of nor tried...let us know when you do try it. If the recipe is good, you'd better post it!

Re: Amore Pastes - TwilightKitten - 04-09-2007

I use the tomato paste all the time, and I love it! I also have the anchovy paste, but I sure can't remember what in the world I used it for! Hmmm, I wonder how old it is, and how long it will keep....

Re: Amore Pastes - Roxanne 21 - 04-09-2007

Amore---is that the brand name?? Not in this region--but we do have a similar product with all of those wonderful, short cut helpers. Haven't tried them though cuz I prefer the time chopping and fresh.

Tammy---anchovy paste--maybe Caesar salad dressing?? I have a tube of it in the fridge and it has been there forever---I mean a VERY LONG time like about a year or so. Used it the other day for a salad and it was still great!!

Re: Amore Pastes - bjcotton - 04-09-2007

Yes, that's the brand name. It's made in Italy and distributed here. I saw the pesto the other day and bought it [I too use the tomato paste & used the anchovy paste for salad dressing]. We plan on using the pesto this week, but so far have squeezed some out and tasted it. It tasted just like the basil pesto I made with fresh basil. Yummy, in fact we all had a second "taste." This is what we plan to use it in first [it's called Sicilian because Jack (the truck farmer) is Sicilian]:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sicilian Pasta w/Basil and Garlic

Recipe By :Jack Siri
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Pasta

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup basil leaves -- chopped
3 tablespoons garlic -- minced
3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
salt and pepper -- to taste
1/2 cup onion -- chopped
1 pound pasta shells, a type with body -- cooked

Cook pasta according to directions.

In a non-stick skillet, saute onion until translucent; add garlic and saute about 2 minutes (until fragrant). Add basil and saute until wilted.

Add mixture to drained pasta and mix thoroughly. Serve either hot, warm, or cold.

Note: You can add bellpepper or whatever else you like.

Re: Amore Pastes - cjs - 04-09-2007

a few toasted pine nuts sprinkled over the top and I'm all over that dish!!! thanks billy.

Re: Amore Pastes - Roxanne 21 - 04-09-2007

And just a tad of parmagianno-regianno---this is a definite to do Billy---thanks---especially while DH is gone---have to keep him away from pasta for now, not that he is a big fan BUT I AM!!!!

Re: Amore Pastes - bjcotton - 04-09-2007

I must say I've done both of those, the pine nuts and the parm. reg. Yumm!