Cuisine at home Forums
Are You Going to Hate Me? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Are You Going to Hate Me? (/showthread.php?tid=30948)

Are You Going to Hate Me? - bjcotton - 04-10-2007

I know y'all will just hate me, but that's okay...I picked fresh asparagus from Marilee's garden today. We won't get a chance to cook it since we will munch on it raw!

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - pjcooks - 04-10-2007

Yup. Just hate'cha

I so need some spring food. Ohio's getting hit now with the snowslushcrap we'll get on Thursday (a repeat of last Thursday) and even the good stores are having a hard time getting anything good

Enjoy it for all us, Billy.

PJ

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - vannin - 04-10-2007

You will have a marvelous time with this undertaking Billy. I do hope Fredia will be able to eat them, they are so packed with vits. and goods she may be springing around all over the place.

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - Ron - 04-10-2007

Will I hate you? Depends on how much you send me.

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - esgunn - 04-10-2007

Mine are just poking up out of the ground. It hasn't been warm enough to have them grow much of yet. I will have to fight with my daughter Stephanie, she loves to steal my asparagus out of the garden and eat it!

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - Harborwitch - 04-10-2007

I won't hate you - just load it in your car and bring it down so we can cook it in my brand new kitchen

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - bjcotton - 04-10-2007

I keep hoping I can get a set schedule so we can plan my visit Sharon. I can probably talk Fredia into staying here at Marilee's for a week or so in between chemo treatments. I don't want to leave her alone at home.

Well Ron, you guys are out of luck. We nibbled our way through the bunch I picked. It was early stuff and really good.

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - foodfiend - 04-10-2007

Oh, the first-of-the-season asparagus, eaten fresh and raw from the garden, is absolute bliss! You're so lucky! Hopefully ours will be ready in another month or 6 weeks...

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - vannin - 04-11-2007

I have read about growing asparagus, and it appears such a large undertaking to prepare the bed. How do You grow it.

Re: Are You Going to Hate Me? - Mare749 - 04-11-2007

I would be interested in that also. Is it true that it takes a few years to get started?

Maryann