Cuisine at home Forums
Metal shears report... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Metal shears report... (/showthread.php?tid=31189)

Metal shears report... - Ron - 04-16-2007

I put my recently acquired metal shears to use twice last week. I make C@H Butterflied Chicken fairly often. The shears cut the backbone out like a warm knife through butter. Likewise with cutting a turkey down to stockpot size. I made both east-west and north-south cuts with ease. This is probably of no interest to those of you who enjoy whacking away with a mallet.

Re: Metal shears report... - Half_Baked - 04-16-2007

LOL, Ron...you tickle me to death.

I'll have to sneak metal shears out of the workshop next time I want to cut a chicken/turkey into pieces, then I'll have to sneak them back before Mr HB finds out.

Unspoken house rule: You don't touch my kitchen stuff and I won't touch your dumb ol' workshop tools.

Re: Metal shears report... - cjs - 04-16-2007

"to those of you who enjoy whacking away with a mallet. ' - altho, this would be one method of doing away with agression, whapping with the edge of my cleavor does it for me!!

(i love my shears too!!)

Re: Metal shears report... - pjcooks - 04-16-2007

Quote:

This is probably of no interest to those of you who enjoy whacking away with a mallet.

Are you talkin' 'bout me????

Been thinking I should buy something like that and dedicate them to the kitchen. If I can find them with a pink (or other girly color) handle, the testosterone around here will leave them alone

See, I can be flexible.

PJ

Re: Metal shears report... - Ron - 04-16-2007

Quote:

LOL, Ron...you tickle me to death.

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week.

Re: Metal shears report... - Roxanne 21 - 04-16-2007

Ron, I love my shears as well---a mallet??? Just when I want to cut through lobster tails!!!!

Re: Metal shears report... - Half_Baked - 04-16-2007

I have kitchen shears but they aren't a high quality. Since I don't have a cleaver, this sounds like a great solution to me.

Plus, I get to tease Mr HB that I 'touched' something in his workshop!

Re: Metal shears report... - Ron - 04-16-2007

I paid up for a "Made in USA" with stainless blades. I run it through the dishwasher after each use.

Re: Metal shears report... - foodfiend - 04-16-2007

This morning I tore apart a chicken carcass with my hands in order to fit it into the saucepot for soup. I don't think that I would have felt nearly so good if I had used shears!

But, Ron, it's great that they work for you.

Re: Metal shears report... - bjcotton - 04-18-2007

What kind of shears did you get Ron? I use a pair of Fiskar sissors in the kitchen since I don't like the 2 pair of kitchen shears I have....either that or a mallet and a BIG knife.