Cuisine at home Forums
Easy Chicken Tenders - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Easy Chicken Tenders (/showthread.php?tid=31579)

Easy Chicken Tenders - bjcotton - 04-26-2007

Here's a simple, quick recipe I came up with the other day. Most of you probably have something similar, so it'd be nice to have your version. There are no specific measures, just "to taste." I know tasting flour for seasoning isn't particularly fun, but.....

Chicken Tenders or half breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2-3 tablsepoons kosher salt/garlic powder mixture
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2-1 teaspoon ground sage

Mix all ingredients except the chicken thoroughly. Rinse the chicken well; shake off excess water and dredge in the flour mixture; place on a rack and chill for 30 minutes. You can either bake or pan-fry to your taste of doneness.

These were pretty tasty and this is the type of meal enjoyed here most of the time.

Re: Easy Chicken Tenders - cjs - 04-26-2007

love these kind of fast chicken goodies!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN

chicken pieces or breast, thighs - pieces or whole
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese -- grated
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Dash pepper
1 egg -- slightly beaten
2 T. milk

Rinse chicken; pat dry.
In a plastic bag combine all but egg & milk.
combine the egg & milk in a shallow dish.
Dip chicken in egg mix.; place chicken 2-3 pcs. at a time in plastic bag.
Shake to coat.

Place chicken, skin side up in an oven proof pan .
Bake 375 for 35 to 45 min. or till Chicken reaches 160°.

Chicken can be eaten hot or cold - either way, it's delicious!

An added treat - mince 3-4 cloves garlic, put in saucepan with cube of butter and melt; let sit a while. Then slather that mixture on Sourdough bread loaf that has been halved lengthwise and heat in oven. Oh boy!

Re: Easy Chicken Tenders - Lorraine - 04-26-2007

You know, I've never made these. Thanks for the recipes!

Re: Easy Chicken Tenders - Roxanne 21 - 04-26-2007

I made Jean's recipe tonight---I wanted something easy, quick but tasty!!! ALL OF THE ABOVE!!! A great recipe for one of those evenings one does not want to spend a whole bunch of time in the kitchen---seems to be my story lately!!!

I also cooked up some orzo that I picked up while in the States--just to see what it was all about. Pretty good but not that much different from the rice pasta that is readily available here. Very nice addition--again, quick and easy. Served with a salad and this was an excellent solo dinner---and I'm gonna make that sammich for tomorrow's dinner.

OH and--a little olive oil, lemon, basil vinaigrette was perfect!!!

Thanks, Jean.

Re: Easy Chicken Tenders - cjs - 04-26-2007

glad you liked it, Rox - this was a real staple in our house when the kids were growing up - a few fries and they thot they were in pig heaven. And it was healthy for them.