Cuisine at home Forums
Flank Steak - Billy - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Flank Steak - Billy (/showthread.php?tid=31616)

Flank Steak - Billy - esgunn - 04-26-2007

Billy, Didn't you have a recipe for a balsamic glazed or marinated flank steak? I tried searching the archives and didn't come up with anything. Was it a C@H recipe or from somewhere else?

Re: Flank Steak - Billy - bjcotton - 04-26-2007

This is the only one I could find. Wasn't there one in Week Night Menus? I don't have my books up here.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Grilled Balsamic London Broil

Recipe By :GinnyP
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:05
Categories : Beef-Veal

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound top round steak -- 1" thick
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons soy or oyster sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste

1. Put all ingredients, except meat, in a container fitted with a lid; cover and shake.
2. Pour the marinade over the steak and cover.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
4. Grill or broil until done as desired.
5. Slice thinly and serve.

Re: Flank Steak - Billy - Ron - 04-26-2007

Billy is correct. It's on pages 48-49 of Weeknight Menus. If you don't have the book, I can scan it, but I can't post it here without a root canal job of correction. If someone else has both the book and the recipe program, maybe they can post it here. If that doesn't fly, send me a Private Message with your email and I can email it to you, color pictures and all.
By the way, how did you like the wild rice? Seems like people either love it or hate it.

Re: Flank Steak - Billy - esgunn - 04-26-2007

Thanks Ron! I do have that book and will look it up. Thanks Billy too!

The wild rice was good. I don't think it would be a hit in our house (read that my kids and husband) all by itself, but I made a chicken wild rice soup that we really loved! Thanks. I ended up buying it at Trader Joe's because it was the only place I found plain wild rice - not in a mix.

Re: Flank Steak - Billy - bjcotton - 04-26-2007

Wild rice by itself isn't one of my favorites, but when it's only part of a dish it's okay..

Re: Flank Steak - Billy - Old Bay - 04-27-2007

I like to marinate a real flank steak in a mixture of dijon mustard, red wine vinegar,garlic, chopped green onions, chopped fresh rosemary , thyme, salt, and lot of coarse ground pepper for 12 hours. Brush it off and grill.

Re: Flank Steak - Billy - esgunn - 04-27-2007

Oh, that sounds good. We will have to try that. We use a soy, ginger garlic marinade most of the time - but am just looking for something different. This steak is actually a Tri Tip roast, I thought it was a flank. They are good too!

Re: Flank Steak - Billy - pjcooks - 04-27-2007

Erin, here ya go. I've done this with flatiron, marinating for a day, and it's pretty good.

Balsamic Flank Steak

Cuisine@Home Weeknight Menus

Whisk together :

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T brown sugar
½ t kosher salt

Pour into ziplock bag, add:

1 flank steak, trimmed, 1 ½ - 2 lbs

Marinate 15 min, turning occasionally.

Remove steak, reserving liquid.
Grill steak 6 min on one side, flip and baste with reserved marinade. Grill 6 more min for med rare. When nearly done, turn and baste again. Cook an additional min. Remove, let rest 5 min then slice diagonally across the grain.

PJ