Cuisine at home Forums
Kitchen Companion - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Kitchen Companion (/showthread.php?tid=32638)

Kitchen Companion - Mare749 - 05-15-2007

Hey everybody, I got the first shipment of two books that I ordered used from Amazon today. I think I paid $1.00 for it. It looks like new. Hope everyone else get as nice a copy as this.

Re: Kitchen Companion - Lorraine - 05-15-2007

Geez, Maryann, I'm trying to downsize and not buy anymore books. LOL

Re: Kitchen Companion - farnfam - 05-15-2007

Oh Goody, mine were shipped on the 10th. Should be here any day now!
Cis

Re: Kitchen Companion - bjcotton - 05-15-2007

Geez, I give away a cookbook and get two more. I have 4 copies of Fannie Farmer, and 4 of the Joy of Cooking, all different volumes and 2 copies of the Marlboro cookbook, even after giving away 2 copies of it.

Re: Kitchen Companion - Half_Baked - 05-15-2007

I really need to go through all the shelves and clear out some cookbooks but it's tough since I don't know how they'd be treated and loved in their new home...lol

Re: Kitchen Companion - Mare749 - 05-16-2007

Cis, I got the other one today and it looks almost new too.

I'm sure yours will turn up very shortly.

Maryann

Re: Kitchen Companion - pjcooks - 05-17-2007

Quote:

Hey everybody, I got the first shipment of two books that I ordered used from Amazon today. I think I paid $1.00 for it. It looks like new. Hope everyone else get as nice a copy as this.

I got a copy for Joey for 19 cents from Amazon, Well, the shipping was $3.49, still, $3.68 is a wonderful price. And it's in very good condition(much better than my own)

I'm awaitng another one for which I paid 49 cents, for son#1 and his girlfriend.

It's really a great little book of basics and quick ideas, without being fancy. I just looked at the back of mine, I paid $13.45 for it in 1994, at (the now defunct) Kitchen, Etc.

PJ