Cuisine at home Forums
I'm in Meatball - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: I'm in Meatball (/showthread.php?tid=34141)

I'm in Meatball - bjcotton - 06-09-2007

I came home to Roseburg today and will be staying a few days, how many I don't know. My oldest sis, Carol, will be in Portland with Fredia. My doctor said he wanted to see me to do a retest on my heart, update my PSA test (prostate cancer test) since my oldest brother, Dave, has cancer of the prostate, all male relatives are getting checked. Last year my score was .23 which is excellent. They don't start worrying until it's somewhere around 2.5-3.0. I had thought I had had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago, so the emergency room did all kinds of tests and said it wasn't, but maybe from stress. Go figure huh? So, my doctor wants to run me through the mill, again

Well, I'm off to see my friend with the kidney disease. See y'all later.

Re: I'm in Meatball - pjcooks - 06-09-2007

Well, Billy, you certainly have enough on your plate. I know it's useless to say, but I will anyway: Take a breath, slow down a bit, I know you try to take care of everybody but you need to take care of yourself, too.

Got that?

PJ

Re: I'm in Meatball - HomeCulinarian - 06-09-2007

Billy, you're in my prayers for an "all clear" from your test results.

Re: I'm in Meatball - cjs - 06-10-2007

Good luck with all your testing, Billy. Dave has prostate cancer????? We haven't seen them since the spring sometime. I think they were on their way down to you guys the last time we all had breakfast....

Re: I'm in Meatball - Mare749 - 06-10-2007

Good idea to get all your testing done at once, Billy. I hope it all turns out well, and that you can sit back and enjoy summer for a while.

Maryann

Re: I'm in Meatball - Half_Baked - 06-10-2007

I'm praying for you to get some relief, BJ. You have been going 120 mph for quite a while now.

Re: I'm in Meatball - esgunn - 06-10-2007

Take care of yourself Billy! You are the one in charge of doing that! Try and take a few minutes to just relax.

Re: I'm in Meatball - bjcotton - 06-10-2007

I'm usually up 4 or 5 times a night to go pee, but last night I THINK I got up twice and slept like I was dead. This morning I had chicken noodle soup and crackers about 10:30 and around 12:30 had a big bowl of ice cream for lunch The 800 lb gorilla left about 9:30 this morning and it has been very quiet. I got home yesterday about 5:00 PM and he said, "Come home for some peace and quite huh?" and then commenced to run his yapper until I went to bed. Had a call from our long-time friend that sells our tie-dyes from her store this morning, she has hepatitis C and is ill herself, but called to cheer me up and let us know she had lots of $ for us at the store. Nice lady.

Yes Jean, he does. They had been having some troubling psa tests for a while, but the last biopsy was negative. Went in for another one and it was positive. They aren't too worried because they caught it so early. Apparently they said something about killing his prostate and he was worried about his sex life. I told him at his age he had enough to worry about without worrying about that

Re: I'm in Meatball - cjs - 06-11-2007

Horsepuckie, Mr. Billy!! You worry about what 'cha gotta worry 'bout. Early detection - good for them!!

Re: I'm in Meatball - bjcotton - 06-11-2007