Cuisine at home Forums
Baked Potatoes on the Grill - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Baked Potatoes on the Grill (/showthread.php?tid=35423)

Baked Potatoes on the Grill - cjs - 07-07-2007

Tried something new for us last nite - baked potatoes on the grill. What a great way to cook them - I don't think I've ever made them in the summer before with the heat from the oven and all.

I did zap in the microwave for ~1 min, I wasn't sure how long they would take otherwise, but next time I won't even bother doing that. I had three burners on high and one off and put the tatoes over the off burner. Turned them every 20 minutes and it took about an hour - they were probably done a little sooner, but I had bells and pineapple to grill before I took them off.

I made twice-baked out of the Pimiento-cheese leftovers and one burger patty, stuffed the potatoes and put back on the grill till nice and hot again.

I was surprised at how well this works - and what a great filling!

Re: Baked Potatoes on the Grill - Mare749 - 07-07-2007

Jean, did you wrap your potatoes in foil? We always have and I'm wondering if it's really necessary.

We like to do sweet potatoes this way too.

Maryann

Re: Baked Potatoes on the Grill - cjs - 07-07-2007

NO! Sorry, but we don't even oil potatoes for baking, or now for grilling! We love the crispy skins. Poke holes and they are good to go - for us, anyway

Re: Baked Potatoes on the Grill - Old Bay - 07-07-2007

Jean, we never wrap them in foil but we do pierce , rub with bacon grease and salt with kosher salt very heavely--we really get a good texture and flavor. The skin is crispy but do you think it would be better without the grease. (I love grease)

Re: Baked Potatoes on the Grill - cjs - 07-07-2007

"but do you think it would be better without the grease.: - hell, wouldn't anything taste better with a little bacon grease...???

I can't see any problem, 'cause the potatoes (at least I did this) were on the off burner.

Re: Baked Potatoes on the Grill - pjcooks - 07-07-2007

Quote:

Jean, we never wrap them in foil but we do pierce , rub with bacon grease and salt with kosher salt very heavely--we really get a good texture and flavor. (I love

Boy does this sound good. I might have to try it tomorrow night. Although I might be starting a bad habit at 49

PJ

Re: Baked Potatoes on the Grill - cjs - 07-08-2007

...and it's all Bill's fault...