Cuisine at home Forums
Santa Rosa Plums - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Santa Rosa Plums (/showthread.php?tid=35827)

Santa Rosa Plums - bjcotton - 07-20-2007

This is what I asked my friends and neighbors to make sure didn't go to waste...no help at all...

[Image: Plums-1.jpg]

[Image: Plums-3.jpg]

[Image: Plums-2.jpg]

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - cjs - 07-20-2007

What a waste!!

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - Mare749 - 07-20-2007

This breaks my heart! Those are gorgeous plums! Billy, maybe they were just too embarrassed to take them?

Maryann

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - pjcooks - 07-20-2007

Can't even begin to grow them here. What a shame. If I lived next door to you, well, I'd help myself!

PJ

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - esgunn - 07-20-2007

OHHHH How sad! I am dying for some plums this year to make my sweet and sour plum sauce! My source sold their house - we are contimplating going by the new owners and asking for plums....

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - Harborwitch - 07-20-2007

Oh Billy those are so beautiful. What a shame. We're going to have a big fruit salad tonight - peaches, pluots, melon, and some jackfruit. I'll think I died and went to heaven.

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - cjs - 07-20-2007

Jackfruit! I love it - that was the first time I'd tasted it fresh - at Sharon & Bob's. I've had canned, but the fresh is just wonderful. I have all kinds of seeds to play with.....

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - Harborwitch - 07-20-2007

I googled Jackfruit - supposedly you can roast or boil the seeds, they're supposed to taste like chestnuts. Also, if you have a lot of room you can start the little seed indoors and then transplant it. They can get huge!

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - Half_Baked - 07-20-2007

What a beautiful tree, Billy! Such a shame the neighbors didn't enjoy the plums.

Re: Santa Rosa Plums - bjcotton - 07-21-2007

Oh they enjoy it Jan, but only if you pick it and take it to them...too damned lazy to walk across the street or next door!