Cuisine at home Forums
Partager - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Partager (/showthread.php?tid=35928)

Partager - cjs - 07-22-2007

I just found a new word!! Reading about a restaurant I'd like to try in the next few days, the term "partager" was used as a section on the menu. It meant dishes to be shared. I love it - what a great word.

I found this when I googled it -

Partager quelque-chose avec quelqu'un (=to share something with someone)

Re: Partager - Harborwitch - 07-22-2007

What a lovely word - hmmmmmm - a good business name perhaps??

Re: Partager - cjs - 07-22-2007

WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA, SHARON!!!! I LOVE IT

Re: Partager - vannin - 07-22-2007

Partager, what a delicious word. Positively scrumptious. A far better word than buffet, or (appertizer) Tray.

Re: Partager - foodfiend - 07-22-2007

I love new, uncommon words and this one is especially pretty (just rolls off the tongue). I must write it down before I forget...

Re: Partager - labradors - 09-12-2007

Sounds wonderful with the correct pronunciation. I would imagine, however, that many Americans would say it as though it meant something between a teenager and a middle-ager. LOL!

For words that have interesting sounds, my favourite is "lugubrious." It means "mournful," and it even SOUNDS mournful, as if to evoke Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor.

Re: Partager - Lorraine - 09-12-2007

Jean, this brings back childhood memories. One of my Aunts ( she had 9 kids under the age of 11!!!) would always tell us "voux devez partager" You must share.

Re: Partager - cjs - 09-12-2007

I love this word and lugubrious also - I agree it is a sorrowful word.

9 under the ages of 11 !! When my sister and I were together when the kids were little - that's kind of what we had - I remember my mother once 'lamenting' MY GOD, THERE ARE 8 KIDS UNDER 6!!!!! She held her head quite often....

Re: Partager - DFen911 - 09-12-2007

Our next dinner menu should be a Partager Meal

Re: Partager - cjs - 09-12-2007

good thot! Speaking of which....