Cuisine at home Forums
Steaks - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Steaks (/showthread.php?tid=36107)

Steaks - unopatricia - 07-26-2007

This is probably a very silly question, but what is a "strip" steak? The gal at the supermarket didn't even know.

Re: Steaks - Old Bay - 07-26-2007

It is cut from the loin. Look at a "T" bone steak--the long side is the strip and the small side is the filet. The strip is very flavorful and along with the flank steak my favorites.

Re: Steaks - bjcotton - 07-26-2007

Welcome Patricia! Glad you could join us. Lots of recipes, information, and just plain fun here.

Re: Steaks - unopatricia - 07-26-2007

Okay you two who answered, that makes sense and also sounds a little on the pricey side. I will also clue in the gal at the market in case she ever gets asked that question again.
I appreciate your taking the time to answer. Thanks and will be checking back in from time to time.

Re: Steaks - vannin - 07-26-2007

A good steak may seem pricey, but it is all meat, and as good to eat as it is easy to prepare.

Re: Steaks - bjcotton - 07-27-2007

I tried a couple of chuckeye steaks the other day. They were quite good and much cheaper than others.

Re: Steaks - Old Bay - 07-27-2007

I'm a card carrying carnivore!

Re: Steaks - Roxanne 21 - 07-27-2007

DH is as well-----any is great in this house----'specially if it is RED!!!!!

I have been cutting back a bit on that though----cholesterol levels are to be controlled for the time being----and it's working!!!! DR next week so we shall see how my diet changes have worked-----will let you know--- I love the seafood challenges---we are seafood nuts!!!