Cuisine at home Forums
800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of (/showthread.php?tid=36954)

800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - bjcotton - 08-11-2007

We cleaned out the freezer, defrosted and scrubbed today. All the broths, meats, tamales, veggies, etc., just about made me cry. Especially the quart of shiitake broth I had in there and the 6 pounds of unsalted butter. I didn't even swear at him or call him nasty names

To further your education of the 800 lb-er, I was embarrassed that I had taken his last pay check and deposited it to my account instead of his; yesterday I looked at my account online after HE deposited his check and discovered it had again been deposited to my account. Boy did the bank screw up, I thought. Come to find out he just opens the drawer where the checkbooks are, grabs a deposit slip and deposits his check, doesn't look to see whose account it is. He says, "Our checkbook has always been there!" I say, "So has mine for the last 15 years!" Bless me for I have sinned and used Paul's name in vain

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - cjs - 08-12-2007

oh dear, what happened to the freezer? door open?

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - bjcotton - 08-12-2007

Yes Jean, this is the second time he's done it. The first time he put a bag of ice in the freezer, in the smallest space available [there was an empty shelf right below it], swung the door to close it and walked off. The ice bag held the door open about an inch...luckily I found it before it spoiled everything. This time I was in Portland and it was slightly open the whole weekend. Typical gorilla tactics

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - Harborwitch - 08-12-2007

And you didn't shut him in the freezer?? I'd have been hard pressed not to, at least he'd have felt like he got run over by a verbal microplane grater!!! Billy you have the soul of a saint!

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - bjcotton - 08-12-2007

No, just new antidepressants

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - pjcooks - 08-12-2007

I've looked at your post several times, decided, if I haven't anything good to say, say nothing, but I got tired of being noble

Wow, it sounds like you're living with a teenager, not a fully grown man! How do you do it? You've more patience than I, my friend!

PJ

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - vannin - 08-13-2007

I suppose it doesn't matter which acct. he posts the cheque in Billy, you run the house and disburse as you see fit anyway. As for the freezer, well, I don't see murder as unreasonable in some instances.

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - Roxanne 21 - 08-13-2007

Hard to belive that you haven't asked for flowers before this. I would definitely need to boost my antidepressants with sedatives!!! This sounds like a MAJOR case of CRS---like constant??

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - bjcotton - 08-13-2007

Oh yes Roxanne it's definitely constant. It seems his mind is set on one thing at a time, say, putting the ice in the freezer, where, doesn't enter his mind nor does anything peripheral...say like shutting the door. Emptying the dishwasher is another trial...things either go in a drawer or a cabinet...which drawer or cabinet is irrelevent as long as it's in one of them...sometimes takes days to find something...hence the labels.

[Image: Labels-1.jpg]

[Image: Labels-2.jpg]

See the soap dispenser you gave me for Christmas Dale?

Re: 800 lb gorilla...send flowers in lieu of - Roxanne 21 - 08-13-2007

Uh Oh------we have a DEFINITE unitasker in the midst----LUCKY YOU, Billy----