Cuisine at home Forums
Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake (/showthread.php?tid=38317)

Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - Mare749 - 09-02-2007

This turned out so good they ate the whole thing!

[Image: IMG_0314.jpg]

Thanks Sugarbrown!

Maryann

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - MUSICMAKER - 09-02-2007

Beautiful, Maryann! Can you send a slice this-a-way??? Can practically taste it!

Did you have to double the recipe or is this just one batch that fit in that pan?

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - Mare749 - 09-02-2007

Thanks Linda, that was just one recipe. The pan probably could have held a bit more, but a double recipe would have been too much. It did turn out nice. That's only the second time I've used that pan and as long as I spray it with cooking spray with flour, it comes out fine.

Maryann

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - MUSICMAKER - 09-02-2007

I have that pan, too, and you almost have to use the "spray" in it -- far too many nooks and crannies! It is a fairly large pan -- and even heavier!!! -- that's why I asked if you doubled the recipe or not. Nice to know. Marked the recipe with this info! Thanks!

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - cjs - 09-03-2007

oh my, what a gorgeous cake, Maryann!! Between how great it looks and the way it tastes (have made this one), no wonder it was all gone!!

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - Mare749 - 09-04-2007

Thanks Jean. I'm bringing this up to the top so Billy sees it, since he talks about this cake a lot.

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - cjs - 09-05-2007

someone go wake him up....

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - sugarbrown - 09-07-2007

Oh my LORD, Maryann!

I have NEVER seen that cake look so good! lol

I'm just too embarrassed to admit I have never seen the design of that cake pan...Is there a name for it?

How lovely! I'll have to show my Mom for sure.

Thanks for posting that. I think it's time to drag some bananas out of the freezer and make it again.. yikes

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - luvnit - 09-07-2007

If its by Nordic Ware its called Chrysanthemum. I got one from my mother a few years ago for my birthday. Lovely pan and one of my faves from Nordic Ware.

Re: Sugarbrown's Mama's Mama's Banana Cake - Mare749 - 09-07-2007

Laura is right about the name. Nordicware makes some others as well. You can look at them on cooking.com. I'm not a great baker (yet) so I was just thrilled with how pretty my cake turned out.

Nifty little tip for anyone who is interested. I saw a show a while back with Sandra Lee. She took a small bouquet of flowers (can't remember if they were silk or real) and placed them in the center of the cake. It was so pretty and would make such a nice gift, too.

Sugarbrown, give your mom a big hug from me and thank her for saving this recipe.

Maryann