Cuisine at home Forums
Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! (/showthread.php?tid=38986)

Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - Roxanne 21 - 09-11-2007

Okay---Peter is in Scottsdale---because of multiple fractures in his lower extremities many years ago (car accident) he has calcified one of those little buggers and he was treated for a stone on Sunday---he was supposed to leave Scottsdale tomorrow for New York---visit with Mom and sister and family for Rosh Hashana and then to his 50th high school reunion.....well, he was admitted this morning to undergo a surgical procedure to remove that stone----conservative management did not work---although it always has in the past!

I'M soooo beside myself--how do I deal with this from 12,000 miles away ???----I am now trying to figure out what is going on and may very well be flying out on the next flight to be with him----toooo many things to organize but nothing more important than my man!! Keep your fingers crossed, PLEASE!!!

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - Mare749 - 09-11-2007

Roxanne, I'm so sorry to hear this! That's just awful. Hope you can get it all sorted out quickly and decide what you need to do next. Try to relax....write down what you absolutely have to do in order to leave, and maybe see if you could talk to Peter on the phone before you get on the next flight. It might help you relax a bit on the way over. Be safe and keep good thoughts.

Maryann

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - MUSICMAKER - 09-11-2007

Roxanne, so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers are sent to you. Take a deep breath and try to relax now. Is there any way you can contact whomever it was who informed you of this? Perhaps you can get more info from this person? Is there any way you can phone the hospital where he is at? Have the hospital operator transfer you to his room or if that is not possible, to the nurse’s station? If he is in postop, have them transfer you there. They may ask you a few questions before revealing any info about Peter, but they will be able to tell you what’s going on, how he is doing, etc. You can then base you next steps on that info. Try to stay focused. It will be difficult, it always is when someone we love so deeply and care about so much is hurting, but you have to, for him.

Keep thinking positive thoughts. Know that all of your foodie-friends are here for you, doing what we can from where we are. Will continue to keep you in prayers and sending you good thoughts.

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - Roxanne 21 - 09-11-2007

Thanks Linda but been there and done that---he has his CELL PHONE---modern technology. Who can give me better information than the patient who happens to be a doctor?? I'm keeping close tabs on him...will call in a few minutes because he is due to go for surgery in about an hour. Keep your wishes coming...need all I can gather. How helpless to be so very far away---but I will be out on the next flight as soon as arrangements are done.

Thanks again for your wishes and good thoughts.

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - HomeCulinarian - 09-11-2007

Oh no! Take a deep breath to clear your head. You've already gotten some other good advice here that I can't improve on.

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - lxxf - 09-11-2007

Rosanne, good luck. I'm sure he'll be fine, but I can imagine your anxiety. Have a safe trip.

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - labradors - 09-11-2007

Ouch! Well, wish him the best from all of us, and have a good flight.

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - Lorraine - 09-11-2007

I'm so sorry to hear that, Roxanne. I hope all turns out well.

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - MUSICMAKER - 09-11-2007

Sorry, Roxanne, thought your post said he already had or was in the process of the surgery. Nonetheless, the thoughts and prayers continue. Your foodie friends are here for you and we will be, and hope that you find some solace in that! You take care of yourself, too...he's gonna need you postop. Have a safe flight and be safe!

Re: Kidney stones---UGHHH!!! - Harborwitch - 09-11-2007

Oh my! Roxanne I just saw this - good thoughts and prayers are coming your way for your husbands health and your safe flight. We'll all be here for you, crossing fingers, toes, eyes, and whatever else for you.