Cuisine at home Forums
Truffle Popcorn - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Truffle Popcorn (/showthread.php?tid=40528)

Truffle Popcorn - cjs - 10-14-2007

This is one of the most decadent 'goodies' I think I've ever eaten. I'd heard about this, but had never done it before - tried it this a.m. and I can't think of a more fun things to knock guests socks off than starting the evening with 'popcorn'....

We just made a small portion to try it, so don't have exact quantities for a large group -

1/4 cup popcorn
salt
2 tsp. truffle oil

Pour popcorn in a heavy pot and add just enough vegetable oil to lightly coat the kernals - be very stingy with the oil.

Pop the corn and pour into a bowl. Sprinkle the salt and truffle oil over the popcorn and toss to mix together.

And it's great served with Champagne!!

I think I'm going to be serving this all winter at get togethers - no one expects anything like this.

So that's party idea number two...

Re: Truffle Popcorn - Harborwitch - 10-14-2007

That sounds decadent! A little truffle salt perhaps????

Re: Truffle Popcorn - cjs - 10-14-2007

Oh *****!!! I have black truffle salt too!! O.K., Roy just said, how about this afternoon - another batch at wine time!!!

Good idea, Sharon!

Re: Truffle Popcorn - Roxanne 21 - 10-14-2007

What an interesting twist that is!!!!! Nice idea----will try for sure

Re: Truffle Popcorn - Mare749 - 10-14-2007

Oh my goodness! I want to live at your house, Jean! Truffle popcorn and champagne for breakfast, wine time in the afternoon. You guys sure know how to live out there.

Maryann

Re: Truffle Popcorn - cjs - 10-15-2007

Ya but...look how many years it took to get here...

Re: Truffle Popcorn - Lorraine - 10-15-2007

hmmmm...I have mushroom truffle salt. Thanks, Jean.

Re: Truffle Popcorn - luvnit - 10-15-2007

Truffle Popcorn sounds sinfully wonderful. Now here is a confession... <<<whisper>>> I have never had truffle oil or truffles.>>> Silly, huh, but true. I am going to make it my goal that in 2008 I will have truffles and truffle oil. I will have to do some research.

I had to call my mom and tell her about this. I told her about Red Bread too. Actually, I tell her what you say all the time

Anyway, thanks again Jean. THIS is one I will definitely try, and soon. Okay, any tips on where to buy truffles or truffle oil?

Re: Truffle Popcorn - labradors - 10-15-2007

This does sound really good. I'll have to see if I can find any truffle oil here. I know one store that has things like hazelnut oil, etc., so that will be the place to look.

Of course, although it would be nothing like the truffle oil, I like to eat fresh popcorn by dredging it in peanut butter. I've even dipped it into a mixture of melted peanut butter and white chocolate.

Re: Truffle Popcorn - pjcooks - 10-15-2007

Quote:

I've even dipped it into a mixture of melted peanut butter and white chocolate.

My mom makes something like this, adding rice chex and peanuts. She says it's "White Trash" Good, though!

PJ