Cuisine at home Forums
New C@H Cookbook... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: New C@H Cookbook... (/showthread.php?tid=40629)

New C@H Cookbook... - mcd1982 - 10-16-2007

called "Holiday Menus to Celebrate the Season".

Saw it at Borders Books and picked it up today.

Yippee! Looks tasty!

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - Mare749 - 10-16-2007

Thanks mc, sounds like fun. I think I'll check to see if it's available to order yet.

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - Roxanne 21 - 10-17-2007

YUP-----ordered mine last night-----now what year will I receive???

I hope there are not too many repeat recipes. But from what I have seen, C@H does not do that too often--

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - Lorraine - 10-17-2007

" I hope there are not too many repeat recipes "

That's what I mentioned in another thread. Several recipes in the index looked familiar.

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - Brian - 10-17-2007

Hi Everyone,

I was just cleaning up some spam out of another post, and I saw this thread.

I just received my copy of Holiday Menus (employees get advance copies) and it's just awesome. I'm not much of a cook (I work in the technology side of the business), but I really like this book because it's a little different than your normal cookbooks.

What's neat about it is that it gives you a progression of meals starting at Thanksgiving and ending on New Year's day. It's not just a book full of recipes, it's a timeline of menus that travels throughout the entire holiday season. It gives you two options for each meal and even provides options for things like what to do with your turkey leftovers the day after Thanksgiving. It's a different spin on what we normally do.

Oh, and by the way....I just spoke with John Meyer (the Editor) on the phone and asked him your question of new vs. old recipes. Here's what he had to say...

"There are 5 recipes in this book that have been used before....but that's mostly the dips. We have 5 different, all new dressings and everything else in the book is new. Some of the recipes in the book (like the Trifle recipe) have been done before, but they have been reworked for this book."

Hopefully that answers the question of how they re-use recipes. John said that they are always trying to rework their recipes and try new things. Sometimes you just simply can't make things any better....after all, "turkey and dressing is about as good as it's ever going to get." - says John.

Anyway...it's a great book if you have a chance to pick it up, I think it's a great buy...but, I'm a bit biased!!

Thanks!

Brian

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - Lorraine - 10-17-2007

" I'm a bit biased "

And so you should be!!! Thanks for the clarification, Brian.

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - cjs - 10-17-2007

Thanks Brian - and thanks for cleaning up the cr*p.

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - Mare749 - 10-17-2007

Thanks for your review, Brian. They are always appreciated. Sounds like this would be a good one to get for my girls.

Re: New C@H Cookbook... - Roxanne 21 - 10-17-2007

Thanks, Brian---I have already ordered my issue soooo---I'm already SOLD!!! Can't wait to receive it!!!

And thanks for that "other" issue as well!!!!

It must be great to have direct access to the MAIN GUY!!! Nice to have your input!!! Informative---