Cuisine at home Forums
Cheese - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cheese (/showthread.php?tid=41257)

Cheese - esgunn - 10-26-2007

I was in Costco the other day and they were demonstrating this cheese.

It is Crandale - Wessleydale cheese with sweetened dried creanberries. Brand is Ilchester Ceese Co. LTD.

I have to admit I am not very adventuresome in cheese - I love good cheese, but am always afraid to branch out - risk putting out the $$ for cheese I am not going to like. This was very good and the kids loved it. Sure would be nice for all the holidays and partying coming up - that is if I don't just sit and eat it all myself!

Re: Cheese - Lorraine - 10-26-2007

Erin, I bought a few of them. One that was really good had dried blueberries in it. My cheese store should start carrying them soon, I normally see them at Christmastime. They sure went quickly on a cheese platter!! But, they are expensive.

Re: Cheese - cjs - 10-26-2007

Erin, I buy so much cheese, it's hard to say which we love 'testing' more - wine or cheese. But, don't know if I've ever gotten this one or not. Copied for the next trip to Costco. thanks!

Re: Cheese - pjcooks - 10-26-2007

Sounds like a wonderful addition to the Thanksgiving cheese platter, Erin. Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to get myself to a costco (I'm not even sure we have one here, need to check that out)

PJ

Re: Cheese - labradors - 10-26-2007

My favourites (in order):
  1. Manchego - Absolutely WONDERFUL, sheep's-milk cheese from La Mancha, Spain. By far, my favourite.
  2. Chèvre - Soft goat cheese. I'll crumble this on top of almost anything.
  3. Emmentaler - A Swiss cheese, but the Danish version is very good, too. Interesting that I should like this and Maasdam, since I'm not a big fan of Swiss cheese, in general.
  4. Maasdam - A Dutch-made Swiss cheese, very similar to Emmentaler, but a little softer.
  5. Havarti - There aren't enough Os in smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth to describe it.
  6. Gouda (regular or smoked) - Of course, I especially like the smoked Gouda on pizzas, as you may have noticed in another message of mine.
  7. Cabot's Chipotle Cheddar - First got this in Sam's Club, when I was in the States. When I saw another brand's chipotle cheddar here, I tried it, and it was terrible. The Cabot's is the only way to go, but then they are known for very good quality, anyway.