Cuisine at home Forums
Going to Penzey's Today - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Going to Penzey's Today (/showthread.php?tid=41434)

Going to Penzey's Today - bjcotton - 10-28-2007

Sharon, what was that spice mix I was going to get? The one you recommended and I liked?

Anything else I need to look at? They have lots of different kinds...so do I for that matter

Re: Going to Penzey's Today - Old Bay - 10-28-2007

Billy, they have "half sharp" Hungrian paprika and smoked Spanish Paprika--staples in our kitchen

Re: Going to Penzey's Today - cjs - 10-28-2007

try and find some truffle salt please!!!

Re: Going to Penzey's Today - Harborwitch - 10-28-2007

English Prime Rib Rub, Bay leaf seasoning, 4 color peppercorn mix, charnushka (for your rye bread top). Those are must haves. There are so many other wonderful things! I'd have a nasalgasm in there just breathing. LOL

Their ground ginger is the best I've ever had! The chipotle chile powder is to die for. Ooooh, oooh Bangkok Blend!!!! It is so good on chicken, flank steak, pork.

Okay, I could go on and on - must go frost cupcakes. Good thing it's a long ways from me or we'd be broke!

Re: Going to Penzey's Today - Roxanne 21 - 10-28-2007

Anything from Penzeys is great----I hate receiving that catalogue!!! (grin:

Re: Going to Penzey's Today - pjcooks - 10-28-2007

Absolutely the rib rub, I've been getting this for years, love it on rib, of course, but hamburgers as well, and the occasional bloody mary

Lucky you, have to go into the city for a Penzy's (Boston) and I don't make it there very often, so I mail order-

Hope you got lots of good stuff!!

PJ

It is required around here for bloody mary's! In fact Bob has his own jar on the bar. Love it on steaks, burgers, roasts (beef and pork).

Re: Going to Penzey's Today - bjcotton - 10-28-2007

Sharon, is that Charnuska [or whatever] isn't those carnsarned seeds you put on there is/are it/they? If you recall, I brushed them off before I at that nasty delicious rye bread.

Yeah PJ, I have to go into the city [175 miles one way] to go to Penzey's. That's why I go everytime I'm up to see my lil' sis.

Yes those are the seeds that you knocked off the top!!! LOL

Re: Going to Penzey's Today - jenni - 10-28-2007

The salt-free Tuscan Sunset seasoning is very flavorful! Kind of like an Italian herb blend but also with garlic and pepper (I think!). I sprinkled it on some potato wedges for roasting and they were really yummy.