Cuisine at home Forums
Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 (/showthread.php?tid=41543)

Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 - luvnit - 10-29-2007

Well I had a picture, but it turned out very blurry... Must have been the delicious wine we had with the dinner

My hubby and I really did like this dish. I would give it a 6 out of 10 stars for taste, and a 7 out of 10 stars for the idea. As a check point for ya'all, we had the Molto Manicatti and I would give that recipe 10 stars for taste. I thought that was outstanding!

So this is my personal opinion about this recipe and I would love to hear what others have to say.

I used the Cherry Tomatoes because our grocery store didn't have the Campari. To me the sauce was average, plain, ordinary tomato sauce. Even with a Tablespoon of garlic, it was kinda bland. But is was good and I felt not really the star of this show.

The fried mozzarella was truly a work of art. I... we... really loved it. I was skeptical of this from other comments I had read. I was careful to season it well and used sea salt and fresh ground pepper. I also was skeptical of breading twice in Panko bread crumbs, but that turned out wonderful. I had trouble slicing the fresh mozzarella (any mozzarella slicing tips out there??) I had an 8 oz ball of cheese and was able to cut 6 sliced from it. I fried them all and I am glad I did. Best part of the dish really.

Shrimp is shrimp. Can't really do too much wrong here unless you fall asleep and overcook it. I think it still needed something.

Overall I guess the dish was screaming "Basil! I need basil!" I would put some basil in the sauce AND on the shrimp. I think you could easily substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the fresh and you would never be able to tell the difference. (Now they have Fire Roasted diced)

There you have it.

Re: Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 - MUSICMAKER - 10-29-2007

Quote:

. . . I think you could easily substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the fresh. . .

Yes, that can easily be done!!!

Quote:

. . . and you would never be able to tell the difference.

Ahh, now this is where one begs to differ!!! There is nothing that compares to a fresh tomato -- fresh tomato anything but especially a fresh tomato sauce!!!

Re: Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 - luvnit - 10-29-2007

tou·ché

Re: Shrimp Parmesan w/ Breaded Mozzarella - Review #2 - cjs - 10-29-2007

fresh tomatoes are wonderful in season - if not in season, I go with a good canned.

good review - I have that one marked but haven't done it yet...