Cuisine at home Forums
Pork with apple salsa (and cornbread stuffing) - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Pork with apple salsa (and cornbread stuffing) (/showthread.php?tid=41635)

Pork with apple salsa (and cornbread stuffing) - Roxanne 21 - 10-30-2007

This was a lovely dish!!! I did not make the cornbread stuffing though--not readily available here (like NEVER !!!) and I did not have the time to make my own---soooo---pork was really tender and perfectly cooked---the apple salsa was incredible!!!

I served with a baked potato (with sour cream and chives) and a salad.....very nice dinner!!!!

I will try this next time (and there will be a NEXT time) with the stuffing.

Weeknight menus #2 This has been a really great find!!! Now what to do----too many choices!!!

Re: Pork with apple salsa (and cornbread stuffing) - pjcooks - 10-30-2007

Thanks for the review, Roxanne, this definately sounds like one the kids would enjoy in their reportoire.

Although they would probaly skip the cornbread stuffing and use Mom's instead~

Pj

Re: Pork with apple salsa (and cornbread stuffing) - Lorraine - 10-30-2007

" Weeknight menus #2 This has been a really great find!!!

I think it's the most used issue I've bought! To me, pork and apples is a marriage made in heaven! "

Re: Pork with apple salsa (and cornbread stuffing) - esgunn - 10-31-2007

I made this tonight (thanks to your review Roxanne) and we really enjoyed it. I over cooked the pork, but it was still delicious. Strike that one up to learning a new recipe, we hopefully do better next time. I did add a Jalapeno to the apple salsa and thought it was a great addition. Steve said he thought a little red onion would also be good - but it was good as is - I seeded half of it and added the other half with membranes and seeds - just a mild bit of heat. I didn't serve the cornbread stuffing - I served it over wilted spinach, which was delicious - but there was a lot of juice that went to waste - where the stuffing would have soaked it up!

On most recipes I 1 1/2 or 2x the sauce - we like sauce. But thought this one had more than enough - although if we did have stuffing, that would have changed that.

We will definately make this one again - a really good fall recipe.