Cuisine at home Forums
Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 (/showthread.php?tid=41657)

Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Roxanne 21 - 10-31-2007

Made this with what was left over from last nights pork dinner---the odds and ends from the trimming of the tenderloins---which are always great in a stir fry

I have not made Thai recipes too often but thought I would try this---mainly curiosity and I had the ingredients available.

It was okay---not that great and don't think I will do again. The flavors were interesting and tasty---marinade was awesome (do not delete that fish sauce because that does give it an extra boost--just don't smell it-- )

If you like Thai---this will be up your alley, for sure. Peter gave it a 6---I was an 8--- (He is not a great noodle guy!!) The first time I have had rice noodles and really like the nutrition values---NO ANYTHING except calories and even that was not that bad for a pasta type ingredient.

The pork was incredible---sooo tasty and tender---YUMMM!!!

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - cjs - 10-31-2007

Did you by chance make the mango salad that is shown with the pork recipe? That really looks good to me as does the pad thai.

Isn't it unAmerican not to like noodles?????

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Roxanne 21 - 11-01-2007

Yes I did make the salad---we don't have jicamas here so I subbed water chestnuts---I'm sure it would be much better with the real thang though. I really liked that dish and Peter ate EVERY last morsel!!!

UnAmerican????? YUP!!!

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Lorraine - 11-01-2007

Which issue os this from, Roxanne?

" Isn't it unAmerican not to like noodles????? "

It's also unCanadian!

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - labradors - 11-01-2007

Quote:

" Isn't it unAmerican not to like noodles????? "

It's also unCanadian!

Also unThai. unJapanese, unChinese, and it would definitely be unVietnamese to say "pooh pooh" to pho.

Edit: LOL! While trying to get the accent mark on pho to come out right (it still won't work), I encountered a webpage with the following pic:
[Image: phoshizzlegw9.jpg]
ROTFL!

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Roxanne 21 - 11-01-2007

Lorraine----Weeknight Menus Volume #2 do you have it yet??? If not, I will be more than happy to post if there is not a scanner out there!!! Hint-hint-hint

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Lorraine - 11-01-2007

Thanks, Rox! I have it! We love pork.

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Harborwitch - 11-01-2007

I don't have it - sniff, snivel, whine and we just love Thai food. Whimper, grovel, whine, beg, beg, beg

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - cjs - 11-02-2007

Now, you have it Sharon!

Pork Pad Thai

Cook:
½ lb dry rice noodles

Whisk together; add:
1/3 cup each: chicken broth, rice vinegar, and ketchup
3 T. dry sherry
2 T. each: fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and chili garlic sauce
1 lb. pork tenderloin thinly sliced

Stir-fry in 2 T. peanut oil; add:
Marinated pork
2 T. garlic minced
2 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 1/2 cups carrot, sliced into thin strips
Reserved noodles, pork and marinade
1/2 cup tomato, seeded, diced
1 8-oz. bag mung bean sprouts, rinsed

Garish with:
1/2 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
1/4 cup scallions, bias-cut
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water according to pkg. directions. Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside.

Whisk broth, vinegar, ketchup, sherry, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and chili garlic sauce together in a large bowl.
Add pork; marinate while preparing other ingred., then remove pork and reserve marinade.

Stir-fry pork in oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat till cooked thru, 5-7 minutes; transfer pork to a plate.
Add garlic and ginger to the pan; cook 1 minute, then add the carrot and cook 2 minutes.
Stir in reserved noodles, pork, marinade, and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes, tossing constantly.
Off heat, stir in bean sprouts.

Garnish with peanuts, scallions, and cilantro. Serve immediately.

-------

And the ‘on the side’ recipe is:
Thai Mango Salad

Combine:
2 T. fresh lime juice
1 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. soy sauce
Salt to taste

Toss with:
1 fresh underripe mango, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
1 cup jicama, julienned
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 red or green jalapeno, sliced

Combine lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, and salt in a bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar.

Toss mango,jicama, cilantro, and jalapeno in the dressing. Serve salad at room temp.

Re: Pork pad thai Weeknight #2 - Roxanne 21 - 11-02-2007

THANK YOU JEAN!!!!! I was getting ready to type in---for the whining, begging, salivating whatever---you will love this Sharon!!

Let us know if you try it----interesting, if you like Thai!!!