Cuisine at home Forums
What kind of bread is....... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What kind of bread is....... (/showthread.php?tid=41819)

Pages: 1 2

What kind of bread is....... - bjcotton - 11-02-2007

Rye bread? My Cuisinart wants to know...a Typical bread dough containing at least 50% white flour? a Typical sweet dough? Dough for coffee cakes, batter bread? OR, should I use the KitchenAid? Sharon made it (kneaded it) in a bread machine. I don't have one anymore...what should I do?

Re: What kind of bread is....... - MUSICMAKER - 11-02-2007

Bread dough, Billy. I always prefer to use the KA over the food processor, but, to each his own!

Re: What kind of bread is....... - labradors - 11-02-2007

Harrumph! I still covet the KA, but they're about 70% of my monthly budget, especially to get the higher-powered ones that have better strength when working with dough.

Re: What kind of bread is....... - MUSICMAKER - 11-03-2007

Have an extra one, Labs, if you can find a way to get it to ya!

Re: What kind of bread is....... - Mare749 - 11-03-2007

Billy, I use my KA all the time for bread. Works great. I just let it knead with the dough hook for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the recipe, and let it rise right in the same bowl. Easy as pie. Go ahead and try it, you will love it.

Maryann

Re: What kind of bread is....... - Harborwitch - 11-03-2007

KA should work really great. That's what I'm using now that my bread machine died.

Re: What kind of bread is....... - cjs - 11-03-2007

Billy, are you making a light or dark rye bread? I have a wonderful dark rye (pumpernickel) bread recipe if you're interested. It's braided and baked with a round cake pan in the center (if you want to do this) and for parties I used to put a round of brie in the center - it's just delicious.

Re: What kind of bread is....... - labradors - 11-03-2007

Quote:

...I have a wonderful dark rye (pumpernickel) bread recipe if you're interested.

Not sure where (if at all) I'd be able to get rye flour, but I would definitely be interested in that recipe, cjs. Pumpernickel is sooooo good, and I haven't had pumpernickel in sooooo long.

Re: What kind of bread is....... - cjs - 11-03-2007

I'll type it up and post it lab.

Re: What kind of bread is....... - Mare749 - 11-03-2007

Thanks Jean, I love rye breads so I look forward to that one too.

Maryann