Cuisine at home Forums
Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan (/showthread.php?tid=42090)

Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - Old Bay - 11-05-2007

Hey, we opted out of the Monday nite menu--Janes chemo has changed her tastes--I remembered a Giada recipe--it was wonderful!!!
3 T extra virgin olive oil
4 to 6 portobello mushrooms
1/2 t salt
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper
1 C marinara ( purchased or home made)
1/2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 C grated Parmesan
2 T butter cut into small pieces.

Pre heat oven to 400

Place a grill pan over med high heat. Drizzle 3 T olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the rooms with salt and pepper. Spray grill with non stick--grill rooms until tender, about 5 min/side.

Spread 1/2 cup of marinara on bottom of 9/13 inch baking dish.
Place grilled mushrooms on top--top with butter and rest of marinara--sprinkle cheeses on top and bake until cheese melts and top is golden, about 15 min.

Serve with pasta--use more marinara in the recipe for more sauce--we had caprese salad--sauteed spinach would be good--as a side. I like Giada--she is the real thing--does good stuff.

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - bjcotton - 11-06-2007

Bill, let her know I'm praying for her and send all the good vibes I can muster.

That sounds like a good mushroom recipe.

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - MUSICMAKER - 11-06-2007

Bill, thoughts and prayers out to you and your Jane!

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - Old Bay - 11-06-2007

Thanks so much for your prayers--she is doing beautifully!!!--I really posted this for the recipe!!--It's really good!! Jane, a card carrying carnivor, has not wanted any meat but chicken, since this last round of chemo--so vegitarian Bill appears-- this will satisfy your vegitarian friends as will eggplant parmasigan--I don't know what to do with a vegan. Anyway I'm learning new things--she will regain her taste for our pinot noirs, cabs, and Barolos--I have a '96 Barolo waiting for the celebration in Feb. In the meantime be happy and confident, as we are- Good health and optimism to all, and to all a good nite. Haven't I heard something like that before??

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - pjcooks - 11-06-2007

Quote:

In the meantime be happy and confident, as we are- Good health and optimism to all, and to all a good nite. Haven't I heard something like that before??

Glad to hear Jane is doing well, Bill! Thanks for the recipe, it does sound good!

PJ

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - Lorraine - 11-06-2007

" so vegitarian Bill appears "

Good for you. Duly printed, sounds great! (as does the 96 Barolo!!!)

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - cjs - 11-06-2007

hmmmm, well, here I go again - I have some leftover marinara and fresh mozz and.....Roy Rogers will gladly pick up some portabellos...sounds so good! don't know if we have a Barolo, but I know there's a good Pinot down there.

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - Roxanne 21 - 11-06-2007

Love portobellos, Bill.......next time I see in the market this will be on my menu--Thanks for that!!!

Best of everything to Jane and you----veggie is great--just have to get the knack!! But chicken---soooo many things you can do with that!!! How about some fish meals---mild tastes are also great!!! Keep us posted---

All the best!!!!!! Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - Mare749 - 11-06-2007

I like to make these too, Bill. It's a nice change from always eating meat. Makes a great sub sandwich.

Giada seems to have some pretty good recipes. I tend to use hers more than most of the food network chefs.

Maryann

Re: Portobello Mushroom Parmesan - esgunn - 03-03-2008

Bump For Bill and others.