Cuisine at home Forums
Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. (/showthread.php?tid=42265)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - Harborwitch - 11-09-2007

Yup! That's what I had for lunch today, and yesterday. MMMMMMM.

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - bjcotton - 11-09-2007

Let's see, we should change the name to "Harborwitch's Momma's, Momma's Swedish Meatballs". That'd do it!

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - Harborwitch - 11-09-2007

ROTFLMAO! Now you need to make these!

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - bjcotton - 11-09-2007

I agree. They sure sound delish!

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - Harborwitch - 11-10-2007

Oh yeah!

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - luvnit - 11-10-2007

Oh, for sure, these are really yummy, you gotta try them!

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - bjcotton - 11-10-2007

I was thinking I'd make the meatballs today, but, alas, no cardamom. So, it'll have to wait.

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - Harborwitch - 11-10-2007

Oh poo!

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - luvnit - 11-10-2007

Some 'sage' advice I received online, albeit too late for me, but I will pass on to you or others interested.

Once cardamom is ground, it loses flavor quickly. You are better off purchasing whole cardamom and grinding what you need.

I wish I had known that piece of info before I purchased my cardamom already ground. For as much as I use cardamom, it would have behooved me to purchase the whole variety.

Laura

Re: Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs. - MUSICMAKER - 11-10-2007

Laura, this is true for all spices. The things we learn when it's too late, eh?!!?

When possible, I purchase whatever I can in it's "wholeness" and do the grinding/grating myself. I purchased a small coffee grinder and have it labeled "SPICES", so neither the boys or I will grind our morning coffee in it -- nothing worse than having red pepper flakes in your morning coffee. A real eye-opener, tho!!! I also have a very fine, or extra fine, Micro-Plane and use that for things like nutmeg, mace, cinnamon, star anise.... Spices/herbs are NOT cheap, as we all know, so I try to preserve them to get the most out of them. Cuts the waste considerably.

Another thing learned was to purchase only the amount of spices/herbs you would use in either a 6 month, or at the most, 12 month period of time.

Edit:

Sharon, I was going to make this for dinner tonight, but have a question about the amount of dill....is 4 teaspoons correct? Seems like a lot of dill! Thanks!