Cuisine at home Forums
Checking on the Lurkers..... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Checking on the Lurkers..... (/showthread.php?tid=42341)

Checking on the Lurkers..... - cjs - 11-09-2007

It's always so interesting to see what they're looking at - just saw Scotty's VESTA’S ROASTED RED PEPPER DRESSING being looked at!

Billy, have you made that yet? I haven't since summer - it's about time! (thanks to the lurker)

Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... - bbally - 11-09-2007

Quote:

It's always so interesting to see what they're looking at

The large majority of the "Anons" you see are spiders, bots, and catalog crawlers; they are cataloging information for various search engines and web content reporting agencies. Some are cataloging data for corporations deciding what product should be next. Some are marketing bots, combing lots of sites for content matches to plot Trend Data for consumers.

Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... - Trixxee - 11-09-2007

Anything with the word "bot" in it creeps me out! LOL.

Quote:

I hear you! It gets worse, cookie driven bots! They place a cookie in you computer. Then the cookie data is transferred to the bot at various times. The bot goes and does what you did, cataloging the whole time.

That creeps many out!

Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... - farnfam - 11-09-2007

bbally,
But you can get those security/pop up blockers, anti spam things and that stops most of them, right?
Cis

Quote:

bbally,
But you can get those security/pop up blockers, anti spam things and that stops most of them, right?
Cis

Stops the cookie trackers, yes those products to work and stop tracking cookies.

Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... - cjs - 11-09-2007

yeah, well big brother and everyone else is out there - it's fun to see old threads brot up to reconsider....no matter who pulls them up.

Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... - MUSICMAKER - 11-09-2007

Quote:

I'm with you, Trixxee!

Made the Vesta dressing this past weekend, Jean. That is a GREAT dressing!!! Close to being a "regular" around here!

Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... - cjs - 11-09-2007

I'm glad you liked it Linda - it's time for me to make again.

Re: Checking on the Lurkers..... - MUSICMAKER - 11-09-2007

Jean, going to make a "spin-off" of his roasted pork for Sunday dinner along with a nice baby lettuce salad and this dressing!