Cuisine at home Forums
Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean (/showthread.php?tid=42565)

Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - luvnit - 11-12-2007

Jean,

I read this article today and thought of our earlier conversation when you asked (all of us) if it was okay to ditch your friend's dinner offer to go have Lutefisk (which is truly very funny). I said somethink like, 'You will know if you offended them if they serve you frozen pizza.'

So, anyway, I read this article which is about an American-Norweigen guy who tries Lutefisk for the first time. He also gives some statistics about Lutefisk and Frozen Pizza .
Here is a link to the article: Make Love, Not Lutefisk

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - lxxf - 11-12-2007

Add lutefish to the list of things you'd rather not know how are created.

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - labradors - 11-12-2007

Why not lutefisk ON frozen pizza? LOL!

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - Harborwitch - 11-12-2007

Thank you Laura - I am now cured of my insane desire to eat anything made from salt cod. May, in fact, go find the bottle of Aquavit that I have hidden in one of the freezers - just the sound of that makes me need a drink.

All I can say is, that God the Danes don't eat that stuff! (Oh sure, I know - there's probably something worse !

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - luvnit - 11-12-2007

Cheers! I love aquavit! I really did want to try this fish sometime. Never go around to it. Maybe now that I now the Norwegies hate too, I will pass and just have the frozen pizza

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - Harborwitch - 11-12-2007

And the Aquavit!!!

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - Old Bay - 11-12-2007

Anthony Bourdain had one bite of Lutefisk, pronounced it the worst thing he had ever put in his mouth, and refused another. It is basically rotten fish--aged for months and eaten in the winter in Norway and Iceland. Who knows why--if Anthony refuses it after eating eye of newt in a ground Haggis/tuna/sardine/liver mush sauce, I don't need to try it.

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - cjs - 11-13-2007

What a bunch of wusses!!!! I swear, I don't know how I put up with the likes of ya'all....

Thank God you added 'frozen' to that pizza or I'd been in a quandry!! I don't suppose you all will have any idea who's lone vote for lutefisk is at the end of this, will you?

That article was hilarious - My Grandma had seven kids and I think it was only her, one of my uncles and me who would eat lutefisk. And I think I only started eating it because it was my favorite uncle.....

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - luvnit - 11-13-2007

Well, since 'curiosity killed the cat' I would still have to try lutefisk just to see what all the hub-bub was about. It can't be all that bad.

I think it's kind of interesting that Wisconsin is the top-lutefisk-consuming-mecca of the world right now and Norway is eats the most frozen pizza. Kind of ironic, don't ya think?

Re: Lutefisk v. Frozen Pizza - For Jean - cjs - 11-13-2007

Up here in the Ballard area, Norwegians outnumber anyone else, so there is a lot of lutefisk still consumed around that area, but of course they/we can't compete with the state of Wisconsin...

Frozen pizza, huh? I can't get over that.