Cuisine at home Forums
Hello from The City of Roses.... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Hello from The City of Roses.... (/showthread.php?tid=42786)

Hello from The City of Roses.... - bjcotton - 11-15-2007

....uh, Portland, Oregon. Was talking to my lil' sis today and she said, "Why don't you come on up?" So, here I am :grin. Would you believe her Mr. Lincoln roses have new growth and are blooming? ....and her puppy ate my denture toothbrush?

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - Harborwitch - 11-15-2007

Wow! I could understand that in CA - but Oregon?????

You are lucky the puppy just got the toothbrush!

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - DFen911 - 11-15-2007

Billy!!! You got my hopes up you were in Pasedena and I was gonna rev up and come out there

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - Lorraine - 11-15-2007

" and her puppy ate my denture toothbrush? "

Ya'll need to stand up straight while brushing your teeth. Have a great time, Billy!

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - pjcooks - 11-15-2007

Have fun, Billy, you need to enjoy yourself!

PJ

Buy several replacements - lxxf - 11-15-2007

Those are great little brushes. I use them to clean all sorts of things in the kitchen.

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - cjs - 11-16-2007

Have fun - it's fun to be spontaneous, huh? How's her knee coming along?

Speaking of Billy's family, we had dinner with his brother, Dave and Jackie Wednesday night - they were the folks I asked to postpone dinner from Saturday to another night. Bless their hearts, they were fine with it.

The only problem, which really made me red-faced, was I still did not get to go to the Lutefisk dinner!
Our weekend friend, Don, curled his lip as much as Roy did, so magnanimous woman that I am, I gave in.....sigh, sigh, sigh. (But, boy do they owe me!)

We had a delightful evening with Dave & Jackie, great food. Billy's s-i-l is one talented lady - she took me down to her workroom where she makes the most beautiful porcelain & ? (can't remember the other word...) dolls. Hundreds of molds, two kilns, just a fascinating work area.

She has the most wonderous collection of those she has made all over her house - it takes an hour to walk around and look at all of them. What an artist she is.

AND, I saw a picture of the 800 lb. gorilla!!! Billy, I didn't believe it was him! You miscreant!

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - Harborwitch - 11-16-2007

Fooled us, didn't he! Must be sorta like Bob - eats enough to feed an 800 lb gorilla and never gains an ounce! Grrrrrr!

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - bjcotton - 11-16-2007

What Jean? I told you he was built like a broomstick with a medicine ball under his teeshirt.

Re: Hello from The City of Roses.... - cjs - 11-17-2007

Yeah, I guess you did and Trace said you even posted a picture of him one time - I miss my mind.