Cuisine at home Forums
A Tasty Pork Appy - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: A Tasty Pork Appy (/showthread.php?tid=42856)

A Tasty Pork Appy - Lorraine - 11-16-2007

He had a leftover piece of roasted pork loin in the fridge. And not much else. So...I thought I would make something fast with it to eat. I diced it , added some Roasted Onion Marmalade, ( I called it confit, but got seriously corrected). A bit salt, good dose of freshly ground pepper, and a bit of fresh thyme. That would have been fine for me, but he made me chop some figs he had marinating in port. My plan was to make empanadas, but I ran out of time. Instead, I rescued some ciabatta crusts we cut for something else. Heaped it on the crusts, in the oven for a few minutes. It was a really tasty supper substitute at 10pm.

Re: A Tasty Pork Appy - cjs - 11-16-2007

oh my, that does sound good! Isn't it fun having chutneys, confits, marmalades, etc. in the frig??

Re: A Tasty Pork Appy - Lorraine - 11-16-2007

"Isn't it fun having chutneys, confits, marmalades "

He had a red top full of the marmalade for a catering gig the next day. Sure would be fun to have access to his kitchen every day. I'd still love to do the empanadas with it.

Re: A Tasty Pork Appy - Harborwitch - 11-16-2007

Jennifer keeps looking at those things and wants to toss them - if it's been in the fridge 3 days it's gone! She's tossed figs, poblanos, carrots, romaine - that she's seen in the fridge 2 or 3 days in a row.

We've had to come to terms with it.

Re: A Tasty Pork Appy - bjcotton - 11-16-2007

Yeah Sharon, but who won?