Cuisine at home Forums
Sesame Chicken - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sesame Chicken (/showthread.php?tid=45711)

Sesame Chicken - cjs - 12-30-2007

Neighborhood had another party last night and this is the appy I took - turned out very good! It's a C.I. recipe that was in a newsletter -

[Image: sesamechix.jpg]

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 2" pcs.
1/4 c soy sauce
2 T. grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c hoisin sauce
1/4 c sesame seeds
4 scallions, chopped fine

oven to 400 F. - oven rack to upper-middle.

Combine chicken pcs. with the soy, ginger, & garlic in a bowl. Cover & refrigerate 15 min.

Thread chicken onto wooden skewers, brush with hoisin sauce, & sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place on baking sheet and cover exposed skewer ends with foil to keep from burning. (I did't skewer mine, I just put the pcs. of chix on the b. sheet and baked them, then threaded them (1 pc. per skewer) as I plated - worked well and was much easier)

Bake till chicken is cooked thru - about 20 min.; sprinkle with scallions & serve.

Martin Yan has a Sweet & Sour Shredded Carrot dish that I tossed with some napa cabbage also and used for the 'bed' for the chicken - was a very good combination.

3/4 c rice vinegar
1/2 c water
1/2 c sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3 c shredded carrots (I used 2 carrots plus a quarter head of cabbage, shredded)
1 T. fish sauce

In small pan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar & salt; bring to boil. remove from heat & stir till sugar dissolves.

Place carrots in a heatproof bowl & pour the hot vinegar mixture over them (I waited till this was cool to add the cabbage). Add the fish sauce, stir to combine, and let cool.

Will keep up to a month.

-----

I'll certainly do this one again!

Re: Sesame Chicken - luvnit - 12-30-2007

Looks great Jean! What is a 'CI' recipe?

Gosh I would love to eat at your house! And if I were your neighbor you would probably find me going through your garbage cans!

Re: Sesame Chicken - cjs - 12-30-2007

Cook's Illustrated - this whole neighborhood is food crazy!! It's so fun!

Re: Sesame Chicken - Mare749 - 12-30-2007

That looks so good, Jean, and easy too. What a pretty presentation. Recipes are copied.

I miss watching Martin Yan, is he still on TV?

Re: Sesame Chicken - Trixxee - 12-30-2007

What a beautiful presentation! Is that a dipping sauce with it? How did you make that?

Re: Sesame Chicken - luvnit - 12-30-2007

Looking a little more closely at the photo, it looks like the sesame seeds are black, or are they just toasted?

Re: Sesame Chicken - cjs - 12-30-2007

black sesame seeds and the dipping sauce is just Sweet Chili sauce - (it can be picked up in any Asian section of a supermarket.)

thank you - it sure is one of the easier, last minute appys I've done in a while.

Re: Sesame Chicken - Old Bay - 12-30-2007

Wow!!

Re: Sesame Chicken - vannin - 12-30-2007

Just lovely. Make a stunning lunch too, with salad and pearl potatoes.

Re: Sesame Chicken - pjcooks - 12-30-2007

Feeel free to come here and make me some last minute appys, Jean....

PJ