Cuisine at home Forums
Cuisine for Two - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Cuisine for Two (/showthread.php?tid=47178)

Cuisine for Two - farnfam - 01-14-2008

Yum, yum, yum!! Last nite I cooked the Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti, and topped it with garlic shrimp. It was very yummy indeed and not hard at all. Will do again, lots of times!!
Cis

Re: Cuisine for Two - cjs - 01-14-2008

what's not to love!! I don't think I have that book.

Re: Cuisine for Two - pjcooks - 01-14-2008

Hi, Cis, I just bought this. I'm eyeing that recipe, glad to hear you liked it. I made the filets with port sauce and dijon haricot verts last night, only my store was out of filets, for some reason (Shoot, you know they might run out of milk and bread the day before a storm, but tenderloin?) I used a couple of ribeyes, with some dried porcini rub instead, it was a veryvery good sauce. (They used dried cranberries) Since the fryer was still out, had to do some frites as well.

I like this book, and will probably get copies for my boys.

PJ

Re: Cuisine for Two - Roxanne 21 - 01-14-2008

WHAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will get my issue---I just know I will get my issue---positive karma, just be positive---YUP!!!!

Re: Cuisine for Two - pjcooks - 01-14-2008

I think you'll like this one, Rox. It's automatic portion control with calorie counts and such.

Since we were both posting at the same time, what time is it there? (if it's 11:28 AM here in NH)

PJ

6:36 p.m. and gotta get to the kitchen for dinner prep---I normally serve at 7:00 so a little behind but it's a quickie Thai dinner---all prep is done, just to cook!!

Well---what cha waiting for girl???? Go to the website and order!!! You must keep up with us "foreigners"----we are counting on you!!!!

Re: Cuisine for Two - HomeCulinarian - 01-14-2008

I've discovered that Sam's Club and Michael's have been carrying the [Email]C@H[/Email] issues and special publications. Sam's sells them at a discount. I'll check for it next trip to the store and get it there if possible.

Re: Cuisine for Two - Dismc - 01-14-2008

I looked at Sam's but they didn't have it. This time I found it at Costco. 30% off cover. Looks like a really good book.

Re: Cuisine for Two - farnfam - 01-14-2008

Okay, so maybe no one else will see why, but the exchange between Rox and PJ made me think of this:

Three "mature" women are walking down the street.
1rst woman: It's windy
2nd woman: No, dear it's Thursday
3rd woman: Me too, lets stop for coffee