Cuisine at home Forums
Tomato-Brocollini Salad? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Tomato-Brocollini Salad? (/showthread.php?tid=48121)

Tomato-Brocollini Salad? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-26-2008

Could someone post this? I want to make the Chicken Pappardelle and HC or lovinit(I think?) did a review and said this salad was good on top of the pappardelle.

Re: Tomato-Brocollini Salad? - cjs - 01-26-2008

here you go -
Tomato- Broccolini Salad
Makes 2 1/2 cups

1/2 bunch broccolini (4 oz.)
2 T. each: red wine vinegar & olive oil
1 tsp. each: honey & Dijon mustard
Salt to taste
1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved

Cook broccolini in a large pot of boiling salted water till tender, 3 min.
Drain, chop, and set aside. (To save time, cook the broccolini in the pasta water along with the pappardelle.)

Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, and mustard together in a bowl till blended, then season with salt

Toss tomatoes and broccolini in vinaigrette before serving.

You haven't subscribed to C@H yet, Daphne??

Re: Tomato-Brocollini Salad? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-26-2008

Thanks again Jean! You've had to bail me out a lot lately...sorry!

I have to wait for payday to subscribe....Kids in college and a stagnant housing market is killing me!

Re: Tomato-Brocollini Salad? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-26-2008

BTW, slow again, when you subscribe is it like Cooking Light and you get access to archives of recipes from previous years?

Re: Tomato-Brocollini Salad? - firechef - 01-27-2008

I don't know...but hope to find out when I get to subscribe. Hope to get the new job and be able to afford it soon...fingers crossed...

Re: Tomato-Brocollini Salad? - cjs - 01-27-2008

That's right, I keep forgetting everyone's kids aren't middle-aged, and you all aren't retired like us old f*rts... No problem1

No, that opportunity (for access to the archives) was only opened for a short time - lots of the oldies did not act quickly enough to take advantage, which is a real shame.