Cuisine at home Forums
Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) (/showthread.php?tid=48875)

Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Harborwitch - 02-02-2008

Well everyone, if I am in trouble (like the 5th cookbook in 3 weeks!) you are all going to be in the same boat.

Someone on here suggested getting a library card and looking at cookbooks to see if you like them before buying. Well last time I checked out "The Arab Table" - oh man, talk about an incredible cookbook. But it went back today and someday a copy will reside on my groaning bookshelf. But another book came home with me - Marcus Samuelsson's "The Soul of a New Cuisine".

I just finished buying it on Amazon. This is the most amazing cookbook. I don't there are more than 2 or 3 recipes that didn't have Bob and I drooling as I read to him as we drove to the grocery store!!! Jean - you must buy this book! Everyone should buy this book!!! I'll report soon on my first experience! Yum yum yum yum yum!!! Hee hee!

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Old Bay - 02-02-2008

I've had only one similar experience--someone left "Land O Lakes Treasury of Country Recipes"--I expected little--turns out we bought it. Someone left it at my office for review several years ago--we have cooked several things from it. Should have known, anything promoting butter was probably politcally incorrect and GOOD.

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Harborwitch - 02-02-2008

I saw one of those on EBay!! Almost - but not quite!

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Gourmet_Mom - 02-02-2008

Geez, Sharon, somebody needs to take away your library card! (Another book on the list.)

Bill, BUTTER!!!! OMG! Of course it's gonna be good!

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - cjs - 02-03-2008

oh crap, I'm on my way to Amazon to check it out - Amazon already loves me because of past years, but now because of the 10th Muse, they're really loving me....

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Harborwitch - 02-03-2008

Jean, not only are the recipes incredible - the photography is awesome, and the narrative surrounding the recipes is wonderful. I cannot wait to get playing with this one. I'm going to start today!!!

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Mare749 - 02-03-2008

Oh no, another cookbook! I'm going to check it out right now...........

Maryann

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Corinne - 02-03-2008

Quote:

Oh no, another cookbook! I'm going to check it out right now...........

Maryann

rofl, I understand completely.

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - Mare749 - 02-03-2008

And I just reserved it online at my library. Should be there in a day or two! Thanks Sharon, this sounds like fun. Now, I'm wondering if I should go get that tagine that is on my wish list?

Maryann

Re: Oh I am so s@$#*#&!!! (Valentines present!) - bjcotton - 02-03-2008

I'll just wait until I visit Sharon or Jean